1

I woke up to the sound of my alarm going off, meaning I had to wake up. I checked the time and it was 12:07 PM. Having trouble getting up from my bed, I groaned in frustration. I heard a knock on the door, making me fall off of my bed and onto the wooden floor.

"Honey, you okay?" I heard my mom, Karen, say.

"Yeah! I just fell off the bed" I chuckled a bit "You scared me" I said. I got up and walked into my bathroom, leaving the door open.

"Can I come in?" My mom asked.

"Yeah!" I yelled back. Then I heard the door opening and footsteps getting closer. I love my mom so much. She respects my privacy and is so nice, except for when I wanna go out to parties but I completely understand why. All the teenagers my age are out getting drunk and losing their virginity. I saw my mom in the bathroom mirror, standing behind me.

"The babysitters here" My mom said, watching me brush my teeth. I look up at her with wide eyes.

"Already!?!" I whisper/yelled with toothpaste foam in my mouth. My mom just giggled.

"I still don't understand why I need a babysitter. I'm seventeen. I'm an adult" I said. My mom just laughed again.

"An adult? Please! Do you remember what happened the last time we left you home alone?"

*Flashback*

"This is the sickest party ever!!!!!" A man yelled over the blaring music and tons of people in my house.

*End Of Flashback*

I spit out the toothpaste in my mouth "Yeah. Okay. Point taken" I said, chuckling. My mom chuckled as well. I rinsed out my mouth and dried it with my towel. I quickly changed into some jeans and a random shirt that my mom threw at me. I never minded changing in front of my mom. She is my mom after all so it doesn't matter.

"Your father and I have to get going now. Come downstairs and say goodbye, please" My mom said, exiting the room with me following behind her. My mom and I started walking down the stairs.

"Listen, I know you're really shy when you meet new people, but you have to try to atleast talk to the babysitter, okay? We're gonna be gone for a month on the vacation and if you guys don't talk it's gonna be awkward. Like, hella awkward, and if I hear about how awkward it was when I come back, I'm gonna cringe. So please, save my ears from being devoured by my shoulders" My mom said, making me giggle silently. My mom is pretty cool and into the...... teenage...slang?....you could say.

We got downstairs and I immediately look down, not wanting any attention AT ALL. I hate getting attention, it makes me uncomfortable and then other things happen and I end up having a panic attack so NOOOO thank you.

"Sweetie, c'mon! We're gonna be late to the airport!" My mom yelled to my dad who, I'm assuming, is sitting on the couch watching tv like he always is.

"Coming baby!" My dad yelled, causing me to cringe. I walked to the door where they were standing.

"Aww c'mon! That's gross! You called mom that on purpose didn't you?" I asked my dad.

He inhaled and then paused for two seconds "Yep" He said, resulting in the three of us laughing.

"Alright, bye guys! I'll miss you!" I said waving to my parents as they walked down the driveway.

"We'll miss you, too! Stay safe honey!" My mom yelled. They both got in the car and drove away. I closed and locked the door, soon heading to the kitchen to get something to eat.