11

Hayes's POV

That question Lee asked made me think about what we were. Was Colby serious about me? Was he lying? Was he playing me like a game of chess? Does he actually have feelings for me? Was it even real?

"Hayes!" Colby slightly yelled while waving his hands in my face. I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at him. I noticed that I was on the floor huddled up into a little ball crying. I have trust issues. Ever since my 'Friends' used me, for stuff that's not important, It's been hard for me to trust again. I also have abandonment issues. I had a brother. His name was Adrian. He was 4 years older than me. We were really close. We did everything together, until one day I woke up and he was gone. I was 15 when it happened. He left me a letter beside my bed. I will never forget what that letter said.

Dear Hayes, when you read this I'll be gone. I had to leave for reasons that you won't understand right now. You will be sad but I know that you'll be alright. Don't worry about me because I'll be alright too. I made you your favorite breakfast EVER, pancakes, chocolate milk and popcorn. The pancakes are on the stove, the chocolate milk is in the fridge, and the popcorn is in the microwave. I also left you my sweater, that you love so much, on your bed and I left you that picture we took when we went to the beach last night. I made a duplicate so that we'd both have it. I will try to write you a letter every year on your birthday, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and I'll try to send you something spooky on Halloween, I promise. Don't forget to keep writing those amazing songs of yours. I'll never forget the amazing moments I shared with you. Love, Adrian. PS, I left you a little surprise under your bed. PPS, I love you so much <3

Adrian wrote me letters every year like he promised. And that surprise wasn't little at all. He got me a guitar that I've always wanted. I will never forget Adrian. EVER.

"Are you okay?" Colby asked

"Are you okay?" Colby asked. I couldn't speak. I tried to but nothing came out "Come here" Colby said. He picked me up bridal style and took me to my room. He sat me on the edge of my bed and he knelled down in front of me.

"It's alright" He said. Colby gently wiped away my tears with his thumb. Then he placed the palm of his hand on my cheek and caressed it with his thumb. I placed my hand on Colby's hand, the one that was on my cheek, and looked deeply into his eyes as he looked into mine.

"Hayes?"

"Yeah Colby?"

"I'm falling madly in love with you".....