Attack

"I can't keep staying here," Draco said.

Heads turned toward him, confused.

"I'm bored, I'm on edge, and I'm annoyed. I'm going to school tomorrow. Fuck the consequences. I need to be in the real world."

Harry stood up. "Not a chance, Draco. Do you have a death wish?"

"If I stay in this house any longer, I might," Draco replied irritably.

Ginny sighed. "Fine, but stay in my sight."

"I'm not a fucking five year old. I can handle myself," Draco retorted.

"Don't give me that fucking attitude. You're walking around this town with a gun to your head, and going to school is gonna pull the fucking trigger if you're not careful enough." Ginny looked angry. 

Draco huffed, folding his arms over his chest. "I'm not letting you follow me around school tomorrow."

Ginny shrugged. "Fine. Then die."

***********

Draco didn't realize how much he missed going outside until he actually went out and went to school.

He got many weird looks, but no one talked to him. Better than the alternative.

He was having a fairly good day until he went into the boy's bathroom.

He heard footsteps behind him. 

"Hello, Draco."

Draco spun around. "Smith. Leave me alone, or I'll get Harry."

"Aw, gonna call your bodyguard?" Smith teased.

"Yeah, I fucking will," Draco growled.

"You really think he can get here before I'm done with you?" Smith's grin was wicked and creepy and Draco hated it.

"What are you gonna do, Smith?" Draco whispered, backing up.

Smith moved quickly, and then he was right there and punched Draco hard, and Draco fell backwards.

Everything was a bit hazy and Draco vaguely thought it was funny that Smith had been there both times Draco had felt so disassociated. 

Smith lifted Draco angrily by the collar of his light blue shirt, and slammed his head back down. 

Draco thought it might be strange that he didn't feel the pain of it.

The whole situation was a bit weird. His body felt strange and numb, and then the world went black.