Tattoos and Rings

The second he opened the door, all eyes were on him.

Harry had expected this, of course. He had stormed out with no explanation, and they wanted answers.

Instead of giving a stupid excuse, Harry just sighed and whispered "I really love you guys."

Draco was the first to stand, hugging him without hesitation or asking what that meant.

Luna followed, and then Pansy, and soon they were all having a stupid little group hug in the middle of the hallway.

"We're here for you, Harry," Pansy said. "Anytime, for anything."

"Thank you," he whispered, touched. In the past couple of weeks, he and Pansy had really bonded. She was an incredible person and he was lucky to have her in his life.

They gradually left the room to go do their own things, leaving Draco with Harry. They moved to sit on the couch together.

"Where did you go?" Draco asked, tracing invisible words on Harry's thigh.

"I got a new tattoo," Harry replied, trying to sound nonchalant.

"Did you really?" Draco's voice was interested. "What of?"

Harry paused. Did he really want to show him?

Yes.

Harry slowly lifted his left sleeve, showing the pale pink crown of flowers circling his bicep.

"Harry," Draco whispered breathlessly, fingers barely brushing the skin. "It's beautiful."

"Isn't it?" Harry asked, smiling slightly. "It reminds me of you."

Draco's breath caught slightly. "You got it for me?"

Harry nodded wordlessly, scared of what Draco would say.

Draco threw his arms around Harry, breaming. "I love y- it."

"I'm glad," Harry whispered, hugging his boyfriend back.

Draco frowned, leaning back slightly. "What is that?"

Harry frowned, not understanding what Draco was asking about, until he followed Draco's line of sight and froze.

A tiny bit of diamond poked out of the pocket of his skinny jeans, blatantly betraying Harry by existing.

"Nothing," Harry muttered, grabbing it. "Just a stupid idea."

"Harry... is that....?"

"No," Harry replied coldly, standing up. He turned around and stalked out of the room, cursing himself for ever being stupid enough to think Draco could love him.

"Harry!"

Harry turned around to see Draco standing a few feet away. His hands were shaking.

"Harry, is that an engagement ring?"

"Please don't make me answer that," Harry muttered.

Draco's eyes searched Harry's intently. "Were you going to ask me to marry you?"

Harry closed his eyes. "It was a stupid decision. My mom gave it to me a few days ago, so don't worry, I didn't spend a shit ton of money on it. She told me when I found the one, I would know. I know you don't love me, you don't have to say anything. I'll just go."

Draco seemed frozen in place. Harry turned around to walk away.

"Harry."

It was whispered, a thousand meanings behind it that Harry would never understand, and when Harry turned around, Draco was crying.

Harry froze. Oh God, I upset him, what's wrong with me, how could I put that much pressure on him, what was I thinking-

Draco cut off his self-deprecating train of thought by running forward and hugging him tightly.

Harry froze. Whatever he had been expecting, it wasn't this.

"I love you," Draco whispered, burying his face in Harry's chest.

"Do you really?" Harry asked, shocked. Draco could actually love him?

"Have for a while," Draco said, stepping back and laughing slightly, wiping away tears.

"Fuck, I love you," Harry breathed, staring at the beautiful boy in front of him.

And God, he did love Draco. More than words could express. He loved everything about him, and he hoped Draco loved him enough to listen to his question.

Harry held out the ring in front of him. "It's not a proposal, don't worry," he said, laughing slightly at Draco's face.

"Draco, I love you. More than the sun, more than the stars, more than anything. We're only seventeen, we're too young to get married yet, but one day, I want to ask you to marry me, and I want you to say yes. So, think of this as a promise that one day, I will propose to you."

"And I will say yes," Draco whispered, tears returning. 

Harry smiled, and placed the ring on Draco's right ring finger. "There," he said decidedly. "That will get less questions than if it was on your left."

Draco studied the ring with slightly shaking hands, and gave Harry a watery smile.

"Kiss already!" Hermione's voice called.

Both boys turned to see their best friends standing in the hallway, grinning at them.

"Congratulations, boys," Pansy said, kissing both of their cheeks. She had tears in her eyes, Harry noticed. "That was beautiful. You two are lovely together."

"I am not crying, Ron shut up," Ginny muttered, punching Ron in the arm.

Astoria hugged Draco tightly, and then Harry.

"I wish you both the best," she murmured in Harry's ear.

Harry smiled at her. 

"This is too emotional!" Draco cheered, wiping his eyes. "Lets dance!"

They all laughed and nodded, and Pansy turned on the music to blast loudly.

Draco laughed as Harry dramatically extending his hand in invitation, and took it, kissing Harry's cheek before dancing.

Yep, Harry thought as Draco's hands rose in the air and he jumped up and down, smile glowing on his face. I'm in love.