The Second Wedding

Draco's parents were very excited about his wedding. Draco thought it was strange, seeing as he couldn't even recognize the girl he was marrying,

But his parents insisted they go throught with it, and he could get to know her later, and Draco figured they were right. If he had loved her enough to propose before, he would love her that much again. And maybe one day he would remember her.

So he watched the girl he probably loved walk down the aisle.

She stopped in front of him, and gave him a bright smile.

Draco was getting a very strange sense of deja vu. 

As the preacher started talking, Draco focused on the strange feeling of this exact moment happening before.

Her foot bouncing slightly, her right ring finger tapping incessantly against the ribbon of her bouquet, her bottom lip nervously caught between her teeth.

Draco frowned. What was he remembering?

"We'll be okay," he murmured suddenly, unsure of why.

Daphne gave him a strange look.

"I know," she said, confused.

She stopped bouncing her foot and removed her lip from her teeth. Her finger continued to tap. "I know."

Suddenly, he imagined clearly, Pansy standing where Daphne now stood, an annoyed look on her face instead of a smile, finger tapping nervously, dread building in Draco's stomach-

"If anyone has any objections, please speak now or forever hold your peace," the preacher said.

Something is supposed to happen right now.

What was supposed to happen?

"I, am not the kind of boy, who should be rudely barging in on a white veil occasion."

Someone else was supposed to crash Draco's wedding. Someone had stopped it last time.

Draco tured his head, but no one stood up, no one started singing, no one said anything.

"Very well. Draco, do you take Daphne for your lawful wedded wife, to live together after God's ordinance, in the holy estate of matrimony? Will you love, honor, comfort, and cherish her from this day forward, forsaking all others, keeping only unto her for as long as you both shall live?"

Draco knew he was supposed to say I do. He knew it, and yet he couldn't bring himself to say the words.

So instead, he just shook his head, and ran out the doors, leaving a screaming Daphne behind.