Hidden Truths

Pansy watched as Draco and... Daphne? Draco and Daphne walked into the room... hand in hand.

She saw them sit down together, and Daphne smiled at something Draco said and kissed his cheek.

Her jaw dropped at the sight. Their entire table was staring at the display, except Harry, who hadn't been at school in two days.

Pansy saw something out of the corner of her eye, and turned her head, looking at Astoria, who was standing int he door way of the cafeteria, staring at her sister.

Slowly, Astoria made eye contact with Pansy, and turned around and left the room.

Pansy stood and followed the girl.

She walked after her until Astoria stopped walking in the middle of the hallway, turning around and facing Pansy.

"Help me," she whispered in a broken voice.

*********************************

Pansy was shocked by the time Asotira had stopped talking.

Nott and Smith had been threatening Astoria and Daphne for a long time. They had been forced to go along with their little plans and schemes, including the one Smith had made after he found out Draco had lost his memory from his attack.

Apparently, the plan was to tear Draco away from his friends by convincing him that Daphne was his fiancee. Daphne had agreed a little too quickly, and it was in that moment Astoria had realized it wasn't her and Daphne against the boys, but rather all of them against her.

"We will protect you, I swear," Pansy said, heart breaking for the girl.

Astoria started crying, hugging Pansy tightly.

"Thank you."

"Of course," Pansy said, not understanding why her heart was fluttering.