Clouded Memories

Draco was dizzy. He was vaguely aware that he was running, but he didn't know where he was running to. He just needed to get away.

A dozen short, weird, out of context memories randomly flickered in and out of his head as he desperately searched for the past five months of his life.

His head was spinning, a panic attack stirring in his mind and starting to take over.

He was running and running and running and suddenly he stopped running, because he had run into someone. 

"Draco?"

The voice sent a sort of shock through Draco's body. He froze, staring at the boy in front of him.

Harry frowned in confusion. "Draco, what's wrong?"

Draco stared at him, wide-eyed and frozen, panic coursing through his veins.

"Draco?" Harry touched his shoulder gently. "Hey, what's wrong?"

Draco was breathing fast. He couldn't break eye contact with the boy in front of him. He was panicking and his mind went blank.

"Draco!" Harry cried, gently shaking his shoulder. "What's wrong love?"

The nickname seemed to slip off his lips without him even realizing, and the second it did, Draco's whole body stiffened.

"Love?" he whispered.

"Fuck," Harry muttered. "Draco, we should get you somewhere. Where do you wanna go?"

Draco put all of his trust in this stranger as he murmured "your house."

"Of course," Harry agreed. "I'll walk you to my car."

"This isn't your car," Draco murmured as he slumped in the front seat.

"How did you know that?" The way Harry was looking at him, as if Draco was his everything, was making Draco uncomfortable.

Draco shrugged. "Vague memories come and go."

Harry swallowed and nodded, focusing on the road.

"Why did you call me love?"

"You were my boyfriend." Harry's grip on the steering wheel was a little too tight.

"I thought Daphne was my fiancee."

"She told you that?" Harry asked, incredulous. "Not a chance in hell. I was the lucky asshole to get your attention. She pretended to be our friend."

Draco stared at him in shock.

"You're my boyfriend?"

"Was," Harry corrected. "Then you lost your memory of me entirely."

"Damn, I got lucky," Draco murmured, looking the boy up and down. Harry snorted.

"I was the lucky one in our relationship, Dray," he laughed. "You are the best boyfriend anyone could have. And I ruined that by not being there when Smith hurt you."

"You couldn't have stopped it," Draco said softly. "I'm sure of it."

Harry sighed. "I guess."

They pulled into an unfamiliar driveway, and Harry parked the car.

"My parents aren't home, we should be fine," he said softly.

They went inside, and Draco sat at the table. Harry was in the kitchen.

"So, wanna tell me what happened?" Harry asked, emerging from the kitchen with a mug of hot chocolate.

Draco smiled, taking a sip. He hadn't even realized how much he had relaxed since he had started talking to Harry.

"I ran away from my own wedding," he said quietly.

Harry laughed. "Again?"

Draco's head shot up in shock. "How do you know about the first time?"

Harry smirked. "I kinda stole you from your last wedding."

"You sang," Draco remembered quietly.

Harry smiled softly. "So did you."

"Sing again?" Draco requested.

"Let me grab something real quick." Harry stood up, walking out of the room.

Draco sipped his hot chocolate patiently.

"I was gonna give this to you the day we got out of this town, but I guess now works," Harry said, stepping into the room with something in his hands.

"Why do you have my flower crown?" Draco asked, taking the ring of flowers from Harry's hands.

"Someone broke it. I took the pieces and put it together for you," Harry said quietly.

Draco turned the crown in his hands. Memories stirred sleepily in the back of his mind.

"So don't say yes, run away now, I'll meet you when we're out of the church, at the back door. Don't wait, or say a single vow, you need to hear me out, and they said speak now," Harry sang softly.

Draco froze in his seat, crown falling out of his fingers.

"Draco?" Harry sounded worried.

"'Stop'!" the girl mocked. She ripped the flowers off the broken crown and threw them on the ground.

The main circlet was ripped in half. Six of the flowers were ripped off, and two were dangling.

Draco's smile lit up the whole room as he stepped down from his place at the altar. He paused for a moment, before running down the aisle and jumping into Harry's arms, wrapping his legs around Harry's waist and kissing the darker haired boy.

Draco's eyes widened as they met Harry's again.

He remembered everything.