Chapter 37, Time For A Wedding!

Harry had never been to a wedding before.

It had been six months since Pansy and Neville's accident, and almost all of them had graduated.

Ginny was still bitter that they were older than her.

She became less bitter when she found out Luna failed senior year because she never showed up, and would be retaking it with Ginny.

Harry's train of thought cut off when the music started playing.

Pansy and Astoria walked first, lavender dresses brushing the ground lightly, deep purple bouquets in their hands, smiles on their faces.

Neville and Blaise were next up, arm in arm, purple boutonnieres catching the light as the groomsmen walked.

Luna and Ginny were the final bridesmaids, following their friends. Harry watched as Priscilla wiped away a tear discretely.

Harry tightened his grip on the rings, and started walking. Without turning around, he knew Draco was in a short lavender dress, scattering purple petals down the aisle, purple flower crown resting on golden hair.

As they reached the end of the aisle, everyone turned to face Hermione.

She wore a lovely long white dress, a white and purple bouquet resting in her hands. Arthur Weasley, Ron's father, walked her down the aisle.

Harry's chest tightened when he remembered Hermione telling them her parents refused to come to the wedding, tears in her eyes.

However, right now, she was glowing. She stood straight and powerful and beautiful, smile radiant as she stepped in front of Ron.

They said a few things that Harry didn't really pay attention to, and then he handed the ring to Ron, who slid it on Hermione's finger and whispered "I do." He then gave Hermione her ring, and she slid it on Ron's finger, murmuring the same phrase with a smile on her face.

They kissed, and everyone cheered in delight, and the party began.

Harry laughed and spun Draco in circles as the music played. He couldn't stop smiling. Hermione and Ron were married, and he had a beautiful boyfriend dancing with him, nothing in this moment could go wrong.

He saw Hermione laugh and turn around, throwing her bouquet behind her head. It flew in the air, before landing in Pansy's hands.

She looked surprised, before winking at Astoria, who laughed in response.

"Damn," Draco muttered. "I wanted that."

Pansy tossed it to him, and instinctively, Draco caught it, and gave her a surprised look.

"Have it, loverboy!" she yelled, laughing. "We don't need a wedding. I've been waiting for yours forever!"

Draco laughed, shaking his head at his best friend.

"Gotta love Pansy," Harry said, nerves clutching his heart.

Draco nodded, grinning at her as she blew him a kiss and danced off with Astoria.

"Hey Draco, can we talk?" Harry asked, tugging his hand.

"Of course," Draco said, a bit surprised. He followed Harry to a slightly more secluded area of the reception.

Harry grinned nervously. "I've never done this before."

He took the ring on Draco's right hand and slowly slid it off.

"Are you breaking up with me?" Draco asked, bouquet falling out of his hand.

"No!" Harry laughed. "The opposite, actually. I just thought it was on the wrong hand."

He knelt in front of Draco, and the blonde gasped so loudly Harry was sure they could hear it from the dance floor.

"Draco, you have been the light to my life since you showed up at our classroom a year ago. You have brought nothing but joy and happiness to me, and even when times were hard, you still stayed so incredible. I love you more than anyone else in the world, and so I ask. Will you marry me?"

"Yes," Draco whispered without hesitation.

Harry smiled brightly, sliding the ring on Draco's left ring finger and hugging him.

"Kiss already!" Hermione's voice broke through.

Draco turned around, laughing at his friend. Their whole friend group stood their, smiling at the pair.

"Sorry we stole your spotlight, Mione," Harry said, wincing.

She laughed. "You stole something I never wanted. I'm so happy for you guys, and I better be the fucking flower girl."

"And you can wear all the black you want," Draco agreed, teasing grin on his face.

She raised her hand in the air in relief. "Yes!"

"She's not wearing black to our wedding," Harry murmured in Draco's ear, laughing softly.