The Wedding Part 1

*Draco's POV*

Draco fidgeted uncomfortably where he stood. His mother was closely inspecting his suit, smoothing out wrinkles and lines and making him look pristine.

He couldn't take his mind off of Harry. He obviously hated him, that was the only reason he would avoid him for so long.

Without Harry, Draco had no one to romantically focus on, so he couldn't really object to the wedding, no matter how gay he was.

"Good enough," his mother muttered. "Go wait at the end of the aisle. Pansy will be there shortly."

Draco walked over to stand underneath the arch, feeling its presence like a heavy weight above him.

He blankly watched the flower girl, the bridesmaids, the groomsmen, and probably more people he wasn't aware of do their part in his wedding.

When Pansy started to walk down the aisle, his heart sank. Sure, she looked amazing (he'd never seen her hair in curls before), but she wasn't the one for him. Not even close.

She looked equally as happy to see him, an irritated expression on her face. She stood in front of him.

Anyone who didn't know Pansy would think she was incredibly excited for this. The both of them had been schooled in the art of masking expressions since they were little.

But Draco had known Pansy for fourteen years, and he knew that she was the furthest thing from excited. He saw her foot bouncing slightly, her right ring finger tapping incessantly against the ribbon of her bouquet, her bottom lip nervously caught between her teeth.

"We'll be okay," he whispered. 

She stopped bouncing her foot and removed her lip from her teeth. Her finger continued to tap. "I know."

The preacher started to speak, and Draco tapped his finger against his thigh nervously.

"If anyone has any objections, please speak now or forever hold your peace," he heard.

And then Harry stood up in the middle of the aisle.