Chapter One: The Isle

Her relationship with her entire crew had been strained from the moment she stepped foot on the Isle again.

She was a disappointment.

Lord, how she hated the word.

The stupid boy King had made sense for a moment and it was all it took for Uma to foolishly rethink things and walk away. She could have ended it right there and finally put Mal and all her little cronies where they belonged. She could have had it all. Instead, she was back at the beginning, with a crew that was in doubt of her skills as their leader. Some had given up and broken away from her to do their own thing, and her crew now consisted only of a few handful of people.

She glanced to her side where Harry sat frowning down at the apple he was cutting at to eat.

"UMAAAAAA!" Her mother's loud screech echoed through the nearly empty restaurant.

"What, mother?" She called out in annoyance.

"THE GARBAGE IS FULL, GET UP AND GO TAKE IT OUT TO THE DUMPSTER."

"Yes, mother." She told her, shoving the tray of fish sticks she was eating aside. Harry didn't follow her as he was busy glaring at the apple he was furiously eating. Uma grit her teeth and went behind the counter. She didn't bother trying to pick up the garbage bag instead opting to drag the bag through the back of the restaurant and out the back door.

She had just finished shoving the dripping bag into the garbage when something slammed into the building in front of her.

Wonderful.  Another alleyway fight.

She recognized the man that pushed the other. He lived further north. The other man pushed to the wall wasn't someone she had ever seen. He had brown hair and she couldn't tell what he looked like with all the blood that was over his face. Uma sighed, placing her hand on her sword.

She removed it from its sheath and took a few steps toward them. She placed the sword right in front of them, just before the northern man punched the other again.

"Are you lost or do you just have a death wish?" She drawled. The northern man looked at her with a sneer when he recognized her.

"The way I see it you've no control of this area, I'm here to take from you."

Uma blinked and then started to laugh.

"You think you're going to take my territory from me?" She pressed the sword into his chest when he tried to draw his. "And who are you to take it from me?"

"Someone better, someone stronger, someone worthy; someone a pretty boy King will have trouble manipulating." He mocked her, smiling as if he were the Cheshire cats son—which he couldn't be —He was far too ugly.

She laughed loudly at that, "You're gonna take a step back and get the hell out of my territory before I cut away at the one thing that gives you the smallest amount of courage to stand in front of me."

"I bet that you won't, the little goodness that's always been in you will stop you. It's what started your downfall and it's what's going to finish it, Emma." He jeered.

Uma had enough of the man's disrespect. With a quick swipe of her sword, the man had a new look on his face, and that was quite literal. 

"Uma. Remember the name." She spit, cleaning her sword on the man's pants leg as he pressed his hands to his bleeding face.

"Thanks." The other guy said to her. Uma didn't respond, she turned away and went back into the restaurant.

She washed her hands from the man's blood and went back to finish her fish sticks. Harry glanced up at her and back down to the knife he was now twirling under his hand. He did a double take and stood up, his hook hand up, ready for a fight.