Chapter 33: Soon

"There's something wrong happening."

Uma knew there was, she'd felt it when Mal spoke to her. Something terrible that made the hair on her skin rise. She just thought that it was her normal reaction to being near Mal.

But whatever it was that was 'coming' to Auradon it wasn't Uma's problem. The only people she had to worry about were those on the Isle and she knew perfectly well that the Isle was able to defend themselves—they've only trained under the best villains their whole lives. And those that couldn't fight had someone to fight for them. Mal surely wasn't one of them.

"The Isle's not your problem anymore." She started,  "So don't worry about anyone on the Isle worry about your own."

Mal scowled. "The Isle is my own, living in Auradon doesn't change that."

"You know what you can do instead of bothering me about it? Why don't you go find something else that you can place the blame on me for? That always riles people up nicely. And you'll have your army for whatever problem your country has because honestly, I don't want to hear your voice right now. I'm having enough trouble just looking at you." Uma rubbed her temples, feeling a headache coming on.

Mal crossed her arms, "You wouldn't be looking at me right now if you had let me eat that thing, but you stopped me."

Uma waved her hand in the air.

Mal paced the floor, biting her lip. "I'm going to figure out what's going on. And whether you want to or not you're going to do the same thing. Because I know this won't just affect Auradon it will affect the Isle."

"I don't know what's going to affect the Isle, but I promise that everyone on the Isle can handle it. Can Auradon?"

Mal scrunched her nose, "We always end up face to face you and I. I don't expect that to change. So I guess I'll see you soon." Mal waved a nonexistent hat at her and walked out.

Uma let out a deep breath. Out of all the ways an interaction with Mal could go, Mal just leaving was one of the nicer ones.

But it was only because supposedly there was a bigger threat coming.

Uma didn't want to think about it and was glad when Melody returned a few moments later.

"Sorry I had to step out, but good news everyone knows that you didn't have anything to do with the people's memory problems. The Witch is all over the news, whatever scones are still available are being recalled for contamination. And they know it's all because of you."

That brought back her smile, "So not only do I get to boast to Mal I also get to boast to the entire nation?"

"If you want to you can but it's going to have to wait. You still need to be run through a few tests to see if you're all okay."

Uma's smile slipped.

"I'm all okay," Uma said, attempting to sit up. Melody rapidly came to her side. Pressing her shoulder back. Uma glared at her.

"Yeah, no, that's not going to work. You're going to be checked to make sure you haven't given yourself any lasting damage and you're going to stay put. I'm serious, if you try to get up again I'll have to put you back into a coma myself."

Uma scoffed, "You're threatening me into getting checked with putting me back into a coma? How would that work?"

"I don't know but it would make you stay put."

"And when I wake up again and try to leave?" She wondered in amusement.

"Another coma."

Uma nodded, "Smart; just keep putting me into comas until I wake up compliant or just don't wake up at all."