Chapter 16: Conversations

"It's just my mom. Again." Melody mumbled, turning her phone upside down. "Wanting to know how I am."

Uma didn't care, she was more worried about her throat having gone dry. She stood and went to find something to get rid of the feeling.

"Do you think if we tried calling someone on the Isle they'd tell us if someone else got out?" Melody wondered as Uma filled a glass of water.

"They wouldn't tell you even if you begged." She said before downing the water. The feeling in her throat didn't go away.

"They wouldn't tell me, but they'd tell you. The handsome tall one, he seemed sweet, do you think he'd tell us?"

Uma blinked and frowned. "I have no idea who you're talking about."

"The one you had outside the door so I wouldn't escape. He was nice."

"Gil?" Uma laughed as she walked back to Melody, "He's the last person I'd ask. He would probably give my location away by accident."

"How about the other one, the one with the hook?"

"He'd definitely be no problem."

"So call him." Melody offered up her phone and Uma could only look at it. Did she just expect her to know how to use the damn thing?

When she didn't take it Melody pulled back her hand, sheepishly.

"Sorry, I forgot that you guys don't really get any of this technology over there."

"We're too dangerous to use them," Uma said flatly.

"I don't know how. Here, you just press the button to unlock it and swipe. If you can read you can figure it out." Melody showed her how it was done, tapping into a little phone icon.

"Just type in his number," Melody said, handing it back to her. Uma took it in her hand and entered the hook household number. The only number she knew from memory.

"Just press the green one with the phone again." Uma did that and the phone began to make the call. Putting it up to her ear she was confused by the way her heart was beginning to beat.

After a couple of rings, someone answered on the other end.

"Hook Household."

"Captain, is Harry around?"

"Uma, is that you, my darling? Congratulations on your escape. I couldn't be prouder. Harry was out early but I do believe he is somewhere around the house. Give me a minute and I'll see if that rascal picks up the phone from wherever he is."

Uma instinctually pulled the phone away from her ear and a moment later Captain Hook's voice rang out as he yelled out for Harry to pick up the phone. She put it back on her ear.

"The boy's going to take over in a second. It was lovely hearing from you."

"Same here, Cap."

"What do you want?" Harry said, sounding irritated that she had interrupted his free time. Uma couldn't help but smile at the animosity in his voice.

"Now is that the way you talk to your Captain, Harry?" She teased.

"Uma..." His voice changed quickly, sounding as tender as it had when he had said goodbye.

"Harry, did anyone else get out when I did?" She went straight to the point. It took him a moment until he responded.

"Nobody but you, my beautiful Captain." He said breathlessly.