ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ᴛᴡᴏ

Taehyung entered the hospital room and peeked his head in to see his sister sleeping. The male pursed his lips as he slowly made his way over to the hospital bed and crawled into the bed next to the little girl. Taehyung frowned when he noticed how small the girl became. Skinny and fragile. Taehyung was almost scared to touch her. What if he hurt her?

Taehyung almost wanted to cry but stopped himself once he noticed his sisters eyes fluttering open. "Taetae?" She mumbled, rubbing her eyes. Taehyung was quick to wipe the tears that fell willingly and nodded. "Mhm, it's me Ren." He chuckled lightly, kissing her forehead. Serenity smiled weakly before moving closer to her older brother and bringing him into a hug. "I missed you." She whined.

Taehyung forced a smile as he was careful to hug the girl back. "I missed you too beb." Taehyung spoke softly and rubbed her back. Then Taehyung couldn't help it. The tears started to flow and Taehyung tried not to sniffle but he couldn't hold it back. After awhile, Serenity pulled away and held her brothers face in her small hands. "Don't cry brother." She frowned.

Taehyung forced yet another smile as he nodded. "I'm trying Ren." He sniffled. Serenity smiled and wiped Taehyung's tears. "You and mommy cry lots." She spoke before sitting up and hugging a bear she got from the staff. That made Taehyung's heart break even more knowing his mom would cry. "I know Ren, i'm sorry." He wiped his tears. Serenity pursed her lips before gasping a bit. "Babies! Brother, your babies!" She practically squealed.

Taehyung chuckled and nodded before laying back and pulling up his sweater only to reveal the bump and his shirt. Serenity giggled, clapping her hands. "It's like a hill brother." She giggled and put her hands on Taehyung's stomach. Taehyung couldn't help but laugh before he nodded. "Mhm, you'll be an auntie to the babies in my stomach Ren." He gave a little chuckle.

Serenity gasped again and gave a shy smile. "I'm going to be an auntie~" she cheered on quietly as she rubbed Taehyung's belly. Taehyung let the girl do so until he almost cried again, seeing his sister kiss his stomach and hug it. Honestly it felt a bit weird but heck, that was the cutest shit ever. "I love them already taetae." She mumbled, obvious she was already tired. Seen didn't have much energy these days.

"I bet they love you too Ren." Taehyung spoke softly and Serenity gave a weak smile. "Really?" She asked and Taehyung nodded. "Yeah! They probably cannot wait to meet their auntie." He continued on and Serenity had the weak smile on her lips as she kept her eyes closed. "Babies and I will play at the park with TayJa brother, we'll build a sandcastle." She mumbled.

Taehyung pursed his lips and nodded, his eyes getting watery. "Then, then TayJa will go catch a butterfly, the pretty butterflies she always gets." She mumbled once again. "What pretty butterfly Ren?" Taehyung asked, wanting to have a conversation with Serenity. Even if it was about butterflies. "A pink and black butterfly." She mumbled with a yawn. "We named a butterfly pinky." She managed go chuckle as she hugged Taehyung's stomach.

Taehyung smiled and nodded. "I bet pinky misses you." He played with his sisters small fingers. "I miss pinky too.." she took a deep breath. "And I miss TayJa.." she yawned once again. Taehyung gave a shaky breath as he nodded. "I'll bring TayJa next time okay? For now, come here and come sleep with me." He told the girl.

Serenity got up slowly and crawled next to Taehyung, curling up into a ball as her brother back hugged her. Taehyung rubbed little circles on Serenity's hand with his thumb, carefully. Suddenly, Serenity adjusted herself to look at Taehyung. Her facial expression changed and it was more of a confused and scared expression.

"Brother?" Serenity spoke, blinking as she looked at Taehyung. Taehyung let there be silence for a moment before he hummed in response. Serenity then had glossy eyes which had Taehyung worried. "Hey.. hey ren, what's wrong?" He asked. The next words that came from Serenity broke him even more than he already was.

"Am I dying taetae?"

Taehyung could only really look at his sister in disbelief. He didn't know what to say, what did he just hear? Did he really hear his five year old sister ask if she was dying? He really heard that. "taetae.. I don't wanna die.." Serenity was now tearing up, his bottom lip quivering. "I don't wanna leave you mommy and daddy taetae.." she carried on, gasping a bit.

Taehyung poked his tongue at the corner of his lip before shaking his head frantically and caressing Serenity's cheek, wiping the tears away. He tried to keep his tears in but they just fell. "Serenity.. don't you ever ask that again okay? You're not dying Ren.. you won't leave me mommy or daddy okay? you're a strong girl and.. and you will leave this hospital soon okay? I promise you Ren.. you'll be able to play at the park with TayJa and you two could catch as much beautiful butterflies as you wish okay?" His voice broke as he hugged his little sister.

Serenity wiped her tears and coughed a bit before nodding. "P-Promise?" She stuttered. Taehyung nodded with a broken smile. "I promise Ren." He kissed the girls forehead. Taehyung wiped the tears off Serenity's cheeks. "I love you taetae." She spoke, her eyes closing. Taehyung bit his lip before speaking. "I love you too Serenity."

Within a few minutes, the girl was sleeping and Taehyung had left the room just for a few moments. Taehyung went into the bathroom and placed his hand over his mouth. A heartbreaking cry released from him as he pushed himself up against the wall and shook his head. "She's five.. she's five god please.. don't- not my little sister.. s-she's f-five." Is all he could really speak as he held his stomach.

Taehyung tried not to cry so hard but it just wouldn't stop. He knew he should calm himself for his babies sake but he couldn't. He simply couldn't stop.