forty three

After hearing those words, Taehyung turned to his mother right away and gasped. "Really? Is she really?" He asked as he stood up and looked at his mom who had tears in her eyes. "The doctor told us this morning, though we knew for awhile now." she pursed her lips. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you right away-" She spoke.

Taehyung shook his head and went over, hugging his mom. "I don't care, I don't care about that oh my god, she is cancer free.. she-" Taehyung sniffled and they both hugged while TayJa got up and ran over to Serenity. "We get to go see pinky?" She asked. Serenity nodded. "When mommy takes me out of the hospital and I get stronger, we can go see pinky!" she giggled along with TayJa who was on the bed and hugging Serenity. With that, Taehyung opened his red puffy eyes and looked at Jungkook who was watching the two younger ones.

Suddenly the sadness within him just... numbed? and all he felt was regret. Although he was beyond happy for his sister, he couldn't help but look at Jungkook and feel like shit. Taehyung let go of his mom and walked over to Jungkook who was now focused on Taehyung. Taehyung smiled a bit and Jungkook did the same as he stood up, letting Taehyung latch onto him. "I'm so sorry.." Taehyung hiccuped and Jungkook wrapped his arms around Taehyung. "It's okay.. everything is okay Taehyung." He kissed Taehyung's forehead.

Taehyung held onto Jungkook's jacket and took in the scent he longed for. Jungkook rubbed Taehyung's back and stroked his hair with his free hand. The two stayed like that before Taehyung looked down at their daughter. This hug meant everything for the two. The warmth and comfort they both needed resided in this hug.

Jungkook pulled away and Taehyung was soon carrying Cheonsa in his arms. Taehyung looked at her with a smile before laughing a bit. "I'm a terrible parent." he sniffled and Jungkook shook his head. "Taehyung.. you were going through a hard time it's okay.. you're not a bad parent. What matters now is that you are here."

"Yeah.. I was going through a hard time.. but, Haneul wasn't just my son.. Jungkook he was yours and I know how much you wanted a son and how excited you were to do all these father and son things like football and such.. I'm sorry for shutting you down and i'm sorry for not protecting our son.." Taehyung looked at Cheonsa before looking at Jungkook with tears. He was just... so fucking sorry for everything he put everyone through.

Jungkook held back his tears as he nodded but shook his head. "Taehyung.. it wasn't your fault Haneul didn't make it.. Nothing is your fault, he was to precious for this world okay? There was nothing we could have done. I was excited for a son but i'll get my son when the time is right. Right now I have you three to love and care for. I love you so so much okay?" Jungkook brushed back Taehyung's hair.

Taehyung bit his lip and leaned into Jungkook's touch. "Brother? Is that your baby?" Serenity was heard and Taehyung took a deep breath before nodding and walking over. "Serenity, this is Cheonsa,  your niece." He sat on the bed and pushed the toque up.

Taehyung let his finger caress Cheonsa's cheek and watched her gave a small smile before stretching in Taehyung's arms. Within the whole week, his heart felt warm and he felt happy. Taehyung looked at his little family and smiled. He really was the luckiest man in the world, even if thing went the total opposite of what he wanted, he still had three beautiful people there with him.

Taehyung did regret missing out on the first week but the first week was the hardest. It still didn't feel right being happy but he knew he had to be. For his family, his resting baby boy and for himself. It was just hard to get through.. but he knew he could do that. He had to live for his babies and for his family.