Chapter 22

Narrator

Liana was done with her work that day and she was going down the escalator when few of her seniors spot her coming down and one of them said,

"Hi there, you want to join us for a drink? The treat is from our Leader."

Liana hesitates, "I am a little busy this evening." She said.

"Are you hesitating because we are from a different team? Don't worry, your team members and your team leader are coming too. We have this gathering every once in a while." Another explained.

Liana was hesitant as she didn't want to get drunk again.

"Apparently she cannot. I asked her to do my work for me." Grayson's voice could be heard from behind Liana and everyone quickly greeted him.

"Did you finish my work yet, Ms Parker?" Grayson said raising his eye brow.

"Not yet, sir." Liana said.

Grayson then said, " please continue with your plan. Ms Parker have to do my work."

Everyone walked away as quickly as possible after saying good bye to their boss.

"Thanks for that one."

"Never give into pressure. I know it is hard because they are your seniors and you cannot say No, but at times like this I think you should. Anyway, I have to leave for home. My assistant, will drop you home." Grayson emphasized on the word, My assistant which made Liana questioned his motives.

"Why are you saying it like that?"

"What do you mean?" Grayson asked innocently.

"Like it sounds like you are emphasizing on the word assistant."

"It is just my way of saying things."

"Thank you for that offer but I am good. I can go home by myself."

"It's not like you have a choice. He is waiting outside. I will see you around, Ms Parker and I hope My Assistant will be nice to you." Grayson said as he walked towards the exit.

Liana looked confused but hesitated as she walked out of the building. She didn't expect Oliver to be waiting for her. When she opened the car she peeped in and said, "Hi."

Oliver smiled at her and said, "Hello there, I was waiting for you. Get in. It is pretty cold outside. As soon as she got in

"So you are the assistant?" Liana asked as she put on her seat belt

"Assistant? Who? Me?" Oliver was looking so lost

"You are Mr. Grayson's Assistant right?"

"Did he call me his assistant?" Oliver said in disbelief.

"Well, I myself I am so confused." Liana said.

"I am not his assistant, but I can assure you he is my assistant." Oliver said as he drove out of the office. "We are going for dinner I am starving."

Liana looked at him confused.

"Dinner is on me." Oliver said.

"I should be treating you because you took me to the office and you are dropping me home."

"You don't have to feel so uncomfortable about that, it was on my way so I dropped you and I will be more uncomfortable if you feel uncomfortable."

Liana didn't know what to say.

"Do you like French cuisine?" Oliver asked looking at her for a brief moment

"Anything is fine." Liana said

"I don't want to hear that though. What would you like to eat?" He asked.

"I am not a picky eater, so I am fine with any food."

Oliver had no idea what to do so he drove to a huge hotel and Liana looked at him surprised.

"Since we couldn't decide the food I thought we might as well try their international all you can eat buffet. I only heard about it but I never tried it before."

"I am not sure about that." Liana said looking at the expensive hotel.

Oliver could see Liana's discomfort and decided to drive somewhere else.

"Where would you like to go, I am sorry if you felt uncomfortable. I didn't mean to." Oliver said.

"No. It's okay." Liana said confused.

"What do you suggest? Where should we go?" Oliver smiled to comfort Liana.

"Do you like hand pulled ramen? I know a place where they sell the best hand pulled ramen, but there is usually a long line." Liana asked.

"I can wait with you." Oliver said. "Can you lead the way?"

"Wow" Oliver said so surprised by the long line in front of them. They were at least-the 10th number in the waiting list.

"Having hand pulled noodle is the best in this cold weather. Don't you think?" Liana asked.

Oliver smiled but it was an uncertain smile. He never had to wait for anything. He always gets what he wants and as soon as possible. He decided to be like the normal people and wait in the cold weather as he blew on his hand to keep himself warm. Liana felt guilty and quickly excused herself and returned with gloves and heat pack and give it to Oliver with a sheepish smile.

"I am sorry for putting you in this situation."

"You don't have to." Oliver said brushing it off. "The weather is not that bad" he lied

"Wear the gloves and use the heat pack." Liana said as she made him wear and use the hot pack. Oliver looked at her lovingly until someone called them inside to be seated.

Author's Note: Thank you for reading this book, please give it a Vote and a share if you are enjoying this book.Happy readings!