Chapter 48

The pizza delivery came faster than expected and they ordered fried chicken along with that. The two brothers of course being siblings started to boss around, with them arguing about random stuff and then telling me what to do while they are in my place.

"Liana, you should sit beside me." Grayson patted the space beside him and smirked at Oliver.

"She will not sit there." Oliver huffed at his brother. While they were arguing about that I pulled a chair and sat down and started eating and watching TV. I was so done with these two bossing me around. They are of course my boss in office, but outside office they are just two children who think they can get anything they want. I ignored them and pulling me in their arguments and soon they realized and Oliver asked,

"What's wrong?" And I decided to simply ignore them and Grayson laughed.

"She is ignoring you." He said. "Am I right?" He asked me and I ignored him too.

Grayson pouted and this time Oliver laughed. I was glaring at the Television and the brothers decided to shut their mouth. They did try to have conversation and finally I stood up and walked to my room.

"Make sure you turn the lights and everything off and also shut the door properly. The extra key is in the bin over there."I pointed at the basket on the cupboard.

Oliver frowned and Grayson waved Goodnight as he chewed his food. I took a shower and dried my hair before laying down on the bed. They are still there because I can hear their voice and the TV and simply ignore them.

There was a gentle knock and I heard Oliver saying that they were leaving. I was too tired to respond and fell asleep. The next morning when I came out from the room I saw the room was clean and I didn't expect that. The dishes are all cleaned and place back and I was a little confused seeing that the kitchen was pretty much sparkling. It was weird to see that though. I made myself some coffee and light breakfast and step out of the apartment just to find a huge box with a bouquet of flowers and a card on top. I raised my eye brow and looked around but of course no one in sight in the corridor. I read the message in the card

'I am very sorry about yesterday. I hope you will forgive me and of course my brother for our behaviour. We hope to see you soon with a good mood."  -O

I rolled my eyes and huffed reading good mood. The heck? They should know why I was not in a good mood. And I took the flowers inside and put them in a vase and water them. I opened the box to find a digital drawing pad. I was so surprised by the gift, but then I wrapped the box back and I decided to return it back to him.

I was not sure how? I wanted to take it with me to the office, but I sure did not want attention and did not want it to get spoilt while taking a public transit.

I quickly rush to office and of course the whisper around me did not end, yet. I did a scan across one of the intern from yesterday and he smiled at me and came forward to talk.

I think he is oblivious to the whispers, but I was glad.

"I didn't get to introduce myself yesterday. My name is Aiden and I am an intern in the finance department " And he took out his hand.

I shake his hand and said, "My name is Liana and I am working as a Colourist here."

"That's great! I will see you at lunch." He said waving and left.

I did my work through out the morning. None of my co-worker even bothered to talk to me and excluded me from conversations and then went to lunch on their own. I felt like people are avoiding me for some unknown reasons and I was so upset. I don't even have to assume because I know that if I go to the canteen I will get the same treatment from everyone. I decided to just eat while I work on my things. My phone started ringing and when I saw the Caller I.D it said Oliver.

I picked up the call and he said, "hey, how is it going?"

Well, apart from people's constant whispers when I am around, dirty looks from women and being ignored by other I am doing....

"Fine." I said to him. "What about you, sir?"

He huffed. "Isn't is your break? Well, I am not your boss during break. That's why I didn't call you in the morning."

"I see .." I said. "Well, you are still my boss now because I am still in the office." I pointed out.

"Okay, apart from all of these. I called to say that later someone will be coming and will tell you the documents that is needed to go to Japan-" I quickly interrupted him.

"They are coming here? Why?"

"Well, to explain to you the documents." He said like it is the most obvious things.

"Not over here." I said.

"Why?" He asked.

It will give people another opportunity to whisper again. "I find it very uncomfortable while I am in the work place." I said.

"Well, it is part of the work trip." He said.

"Yea, which part? I am not going with my co-workers, but with your brother and my sister."I snapped.

"Is everything okay? You have been acting pretty weird lately." He said.

I rubbed my temples and calmly said, "I am just stress about somethings."

"Are you finding the work stressful?" He asked.

"I will be fine." I said. "Anything else you called me for?"

"Well, just that." He said.

"Then I will talk to you later.My break is about to be over " And hanged up on him before he could say anything.

Author's Note: Thank you for reading this book, please give it a Vote and a share if you are enjoying this book.Happy readings!