Chapter 39

Liana

"Okay fine. I will go home." I said when I realized how serious Oliver is about staying over at this place.

"I thought so." He muttered to himself.

"Excuse me?" I said.

"Logan, take Liana home please." He said still looking at me. "When you are ready to talk to me. Just call me and I will be there. I had my reasons and I want to explain everything to you. Just give me a chance." He said.

I nodded my head and said that I will think about it. Logan, is a young ,quite tall and good looking guy. He lead me to a black Mercedes. Of course, a fancy car. He opened the back seat of the car and I just got in without turning back.

I was drown with thoughts. Oliver who I thought was my friend and who lived near my neighbourhood, who work for the company never revealing his real position and pretended to be a normal employee and who constantly lied to me until now.

"We will be stopping by really quickly to pick up dinner for you." Logan said slowly as if he was testing the water and I looked at him and I unintentionally harshly said

"No thank you." And realized that this guy who didn't do anything to me is getting a harsh treatment does not deserve this and I quickly apologize for my poor behaviour.

"I understand." He said giving me a small smile. "Maybe you should hear him out. He had his reasons." Then he quickly added. "We will be stopping by really quickly to pick up the food. I cannot disobey my boss' order.I work for him." He explained. "It will be quick, we are just picking it up. The restaurant already made the orders we just have to pick up."

"You can relax" I laughed at how nervous he seem to talk to me. "That's because you were too harsh on him" my subconscious said.

True to his words we only picked up the food and it seemed like Oliver was in fact paying attention to me when we spent time because he ordered me a huge box of sushi.

"How long have you been working with Oliver? Or Mr. Lee." I quickly corrected myself.

"For a while now." He said. "It is great. He is a nice boss."

"Uh huh" I said looking out at the window.

When he stopped outside my apartment. I again apologized for my harsh behaviour and he quickly brushed it aside and said

" I hope you will listen to him and think about it. He is a nice man. Good night, Miss Liana. Hope to see you soon." He said as I exited the car and he like Caleb made sure I was inside my apartment before pulling out and driving off. Mia was not home yet. She is here more often than at our parent's place. She might as well move in here. I thought to myself.

I quickly took a shower and sat to eat my dinner and played some songs hoping that the apartment does not seem so lonely. I had too much thoughts in my mind and I was so tired from all the walking that I eventually fell asleep on the couch.

The next morning was hectic. I quickly ran around to get myself ready for work. My feet hurts a lot and I was so frustrated. Mia must have came home late because I didn't hear her enter. I walked out of the apartment without having breakfast and decided to just get something on my way or maybe later at lunch.

And there I meet Logan outside waiting for me in the same black car as yesterday. He stood confidently with his Bluetooth piece on his ear and wore a black shades.

I tried to walked passed him as quickly as possible, but of course he notice me and stopped me.

"I came to drop you off to the office, Miss Liana." He said.

"I can go by myself. Thank you." I said politely.

" I am just doing my job." He said and I sighed and look at him

"Tell your boss that I am capable of going to office by myself and I can come home on my own." I said already so frustrated.

" I know, but I am just doing my job." He said with a nervous smile.

"Just tell your boss You dropped me off to the office. Not like he will know anyway." I said. "We don't even work at the same office." I said and realized "Well, my bad. He is the boss.This is not related to work, it is personal so of course I can reject this offer." I said.

Logan looked frightened and I sighed.

"You can't do anything when someone says No, right?" I said to him. "I am running late. I got to go." I said and walked passed him. I was glad he didn't stop me and I went on my way to the office by myself after what feels like forever.

When I reached the office. I felt really uncomfortable with the whisper and stares. I haven't notice this, but now that I have notice I was so uncomfortable with it.

"Did something happened when I was not here yesterday?" I thought to myself as I walked towards my department until someone stopped me.

"You are called to the CEO's office." The receptionist said giving me a sympathetic look.

"Great!" I thought to myself as I walked passed everyone to the office. I knocked before I entered and tried to act as professional as I can because he is my boss and I am in the office. It would be awkward and unprofessional of me if I just walked in pissed.

"Good morning, sir." I said looking at Oliver's back. His front was facing the window just like the first time when I entered the office. He never revealed his identity.

He turned around with what looked like a tired look with bag under his eyes. "Liana." He said looking at me with relieved as he walked towards me.

"Logan told me you came by yourself to the office." He said looking at me. "I had to drive myself here first to make sure you were okay."

"Yes." I said. "It is not his fault. He didn't have a choice and I am capable of travelling by myself in public transport like before " I didn't want Logan to get into trouble because of me.

He looked at me with what seem to be like pain and said quickly, "You want to hear me out? Are you ready to talk about yesterday?" And I knew this was coming but I didn't know it will come so soon.

"Okay." I said. Might as well, hear his explanation and decide. I thought to myself.

Author's Note: Thank you for reading this book, please give it a Vote and a share if you are enjoying this book.Happy readings!