Chapter 77

Bonus Update- thank you for 5k reads! 🎉

Liana

She was no more the confident lady that I saw last time, she looked exhausted and her eye bags clearly showed one and her hair which was once in perfect bun was now disheveled. She was wearing a hoodie and sweat pants and her eyes stared back at mine with pure hatred and I looked her in confusion because I have never seen her in my neighbourhood before and seeing her like that made me feel sympathetic.

"You seem to be having the time of your life." She spat in disgust as Mia looked at me with a question look.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"You ruined our lives." She said with a mono-tone voice,that it sent chill to my spine.

"What are you talking about?" I asked her again.

"We were laid off from our positions because of you." She said with hatred. "You must be happy with all the powers."

I tilted my head in confusion. "What are you talking about? I don't know? I don't understand."

"And you have the nerve to pretend you don't know anything." She said glaring at me.

"Listen." Mia started. "you" She started but I cut her off and said to not interfere.

"Tell me." I said to the woman once again.

"You told on us and we were laid off from our positions because of that and no one wants to take us in because of the power Creation Company holds." She said accusing me.

"I have no idea who told anyone what because I never did." I said clearly can't recall telling anyone about it.

"You are a liar." She said as she took out a knife and my body froze and when the situation hit me, my first instinct was to protect Mia.

"It is between you and I." I said to her. "You will not do anything to anyone." I said to her and she smiled at me.

"So you do admit that you were the one who told on us." She glared at me.

"I can swear that I did not." I said honestly and I pushed Mia behind me while Mia protested and I shut her down with a look.

"People like you are the worse." She said laughing menacingly as she walked towards us.

My body froze and I wanted to scream for help or move my body, but I couldn't. Mia brought me back to reality by pulling me arms and screaming to run and I just did what my instinct allowed me and I panic.

The woman, who I don't even know what her name is thinks that I ruined her life and I am scared about it.

I was more than surprised when some men surrounded us in a circle. Their body faced towards the woman and when I saw Caleb, my body instantly relaxed and then I got confused.

"Miss, let's get you out of here." He said leading Mia and I somewhere else.

I turned back to see the woman trying to attack the men. Caleb led us to the car parked on the street and he said,

"I know you have lots of questions. I can explain later." He pushed the topic for later and said we should hurry up.

Once inside I demanded to explain what is going on and he said, "You would want to ask Mr. Oliver about it."

"Then just tell me why you guys are here?" I said.

"We are here for your protection." He said looking at me through the rear view mirror.

"For how long?" I snapped.

"It's been a while." He said honestly. "I think you should speak to Mr. Oliver about this." He said

I was fuming by now and Mia tried to reassure me that it is fine.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"We are taking you to Mr. Oliver's house until we know that your place is safe."

"It is safe." I said. "There is security also in the apartment."

Caleb did not say anything and just drove us somewhere. Oliver's house was magnificent, not surprising at all.There were a lot of staffs waiting for us when we entered the home.

"Welcome, Ms Parkers" one middle aged woman greeted as the rest bowed at the same time.

I cleared my throat. "Thanks, but this is too overwhelming." I said to her seeing all the staffs looking at us.

"Right." The woman said as she nodded at the staffs and all the staffs scurried away in hurry.

"Thank you." I said to her.

"No problem!" She said as she took us to the living space and I stopped at my step when I saw a huge picture of mine on the wall.

"What the f***" Mia said as she too was shock seeing my picture on the wall.

The woman who later told us her name- Jasmine smiled sheepishly and said, "Mr. Oliver adores you."

"We can see that." Mia said. "Where did he even got that picture?"

It was of me smiling outside the amusement park we went last time.

"You two must be hungry. We made some foods for you." She said as she asked us to follow her.

She took us to the long dining table and Mia and I looked at each other with our mouth wide open. When she said "some foods" it meant the whole table.

"Well, when your boyfriend is rich." Mia teased, but I was not at all amused.

Author's Note: Thank you beautiful people. We made it to 5k! This is insane. Your support means a lot to us. Please continue to support us by voting for our chapters and sharing it with other readers. Please support our other book, "Seasons of the Year" Which you can find it in our profile. Thank you so much once again and the next update will be on Sunday. Happy readings!