Chapter 80-The End

Liana

Thursday rolled by way slowly than expected. Mia and I have been staying here at Oliver's place since that day and we were treated way nicely by everyone. They made sure we were doing great. Grayson dropped by everyday to make sure we were okay. Mia and Grayson are not talking anymore and I didn't ask her anything about the situation. Grayson tried to talk to Mia, but Mia give him cold shoulder. Some officers came by to talk about the charges laid to the woman- who I learnt was called Jennifer Steward. I was pretty surprised about the charges laid on her and of course, Oliver was the one who called his lawyers to prepare the papers and when I told them that I really did not want to put charges on someone. The officers said that the case went so far, that the charges was already made and I am suppose to make some statements. I was bewildered by that news and I was fuming by the time Oliver came back home.

He looked worn out with eye bags cleared on his face, his tie loosely held around his light navy button up shirt, while one hand he had a dark blue coat and another with a bag. He dropped his things to the couch and came to me. He rush to give me a hug and I didn't stop him.

I missed him. I really did, but everything was overwhelming for me these days. I didn't go to the office too because I know that the news most probably have travelled that I was attacked by the former staff.

"You want to explain now?" I said to him as I looked at him, hoping his answer would be a No, as he give me his sad look.

"I am tired." He said to me. "I had a long flight"

I nodded my head in understanding. "Go take a shower. You want to eat or sleep?" I asked him.

"Eat and then sleep." He said pushing the topic to the very end.

"I will see you later." I said to him as I pushed him to go and shower. Things would have been different if I didn't know what happened. Maybe, I wouldn't be giving him cold attitude like I am right now. I am angry, but most importantly I was hurt by the fact that he hid everything from me.

We had a silent dinner. Oliver tried holding conversation that was far away from the topic we were suppose to. With the many space we had after that last phone call, I reflected and thought things through and made a decision that I was sure none of us will like it. I hope, I really hope that he can change my mind before it is too late.

"I think we should talk." He finally said as he noticed that how I was not really in a mood for any conversation.

"Maybe tomorrow?" I said to him because I wanted to spend sometime with him before I tell him my decision.

"I think we should talk about it now." He said.

"You said you wanted to sleep?" I said pointing out.

"I won't get any sleep unless you know the truth and forgive me." He said.

I really didn't want to have the conversation now. I really wanted to, few days back but I know my decision at the end and I was not ready for it. I want to spend as much time with him as I can.

"I think we should talk about it tomorrow." I tried again.

"Please." He pleaded with his eyes and I couldn't say No to him.

We went to his office to talk about it as I sat silently on the rolling chair as he looked at me.

"Where should I start?" He asked me.

"From the very beginning." I said to him.

"Okay." He took a sharp breath. "I really don't know where to start." He said honestly with a sigh as he rubbed his forehead.