chapter ten - Lynne

My breathing was distant and my heart hurt with each sharp inhale I stole, my hands two shaking messes.

I looked to my side and was met with Bella as she gripped me into a tight hug, letting the tears flush down her face. "Lynne!" She screamed, "Lynne! I love you so much!"

Laurel was the next one she approached, delicately pulling her into a hug because she knew better than to hug Luna at a time like this. "Lynne, I-I don't wanna die! Please...someone do something! He's gonna come back and ki-kill me!" She said in fear.

Jinxx grabbed the katana that was on the floor. "We're not gonna die." He said coldly as he swung it in his hands, getting a good feel of what the weight felt like.

I looked to the side of me and saw Madelyn as she stared down at the body of Rhys, a few tears trailing down her cheek.

Slowly, I approached her and then Stacy, who was hysterically holding the corpse of her little boy. "Stacy, it's going to be okay..." I promised.

She looked to me as she clutched him to her, "My...baby..." She whimpered, and I sighed.

Lisa and I locked eyes and I didn't speak to her, not before going back to Jinxx, Mark, and Luna as they talked about what we were going to do. "We kill 'im, that's what we do!" Shouted Jinxx.

"We can't do that, not now." Mark commented, "if we do then we'll all die. We gotta think of a way to get out of here and come back when we get the chance."

"And let him walk free after what he did to Rhys, Alex, and Ben?" Madelyn asked in anger. Mark nodded.

"We have to." He said, looking around, "walkers are approaching and if shit goes wrong this door is locked and we're going to get eaten."

"Neither here nor there." I heard Stacy whisper under her breath. We stayed silent for a second and then I heard Laurel speak.

"W-What about the vents? Can't we get out through them?" She asked, pointing to the large vents in the corner of the room, most likely there to keep the circulation of the stench of blood in our noses. To torture us, which wouldn't be uncommon with people that are in this world. We all shared a few looks.

"Maybe, but it may be too hot for Stacy. How do we even know it reaches anywhere?" I asked.

"Bella, get on my shoulders." Luna said as she picked the small girl up while tears ran down her face, "and tell me if it has a wall or not."

There was a moment of silence and then Bella looked into the vent from on Luna's shoulders, narrowing her eyes.

"T-There's no wall." She stuttered out, and I breathed a slight sigh of relief.

"Well then we need to go fast. These people kill walkers like there's no tomorrow. We need to escape now." Mark suggested. "We go inside the room with weapons, then we get the fuck out of here."

"Alright, then let's go." I said, and we began to make our escape.

But our eyes were full of anger.