chapter twenty-four - Lynne

"More than I can count. Y-You can't ask me that." She said defensively and shocked without emotion.

"How many people?"

"Eighteen." She replied quickly. We looked between each other in surprise, but Luna stayed strong and tall.

"Why?" She asked.

Slowly, Blake flickered her vision to me and then back to Luna. "Because my leader told me to." She said.

=-=-=

"We gotta kill her, we just have to." Jinxx said when we told him what had happened. Mark was still outside with Blake.

"Kill? We can't kill her. We don't have the authority to." I said back, crossing my arms.

"Let's just let her go." Lisa replied, and I nodded but then shook my head after a minute of thinking.

"No, that'd be killing her too." I said, looking down to the ground.

"I don't care, I'm killing the bitch before Luna does. She was the one that killed my boyfriend. She's the one that ruined my life."

"Blake didn't!" I said, "she just did whatever Harper told her to do."

"And you spared her. That's why you care so much, huh? Because you gave a shit about the girl and she fucked us all over?" Jinxx asked.

Anger boiled inside of me, especially after the conversation we had just a little bit earlier. Slowly, I sighed.

"Jinxx, just listen to me for a second." I began, and granted he did. But that's all he allowed. A second.

"No, Lynne. I'm tired of you taking control. You think everything is up to you, but it's not! I don't know who you think you--."

"I think I'm Lynne Graile, a girl who has morals and doesn't want to leave a girl to die alone! Just because she did shitty things in the pastt-."

"Means everything! I'm going to kill her. If I send her on her way, then it's mercy." He began, making me start to feel warm tears slide down my face, as I gripped on Jinxx's shirt.

"Jinxx, I'm not kidding, I'll kill you if you do that!" I screamed, having Lisa pull me back, landing a punch on her nose.

"You don't get to do that! You don't get to play God here!" I yelled at Jinxx, my face red and my figure punching him weakly.

He looked to me and I glared. "Don't." I demanded, "she's our friend. At least wait until Luna comes back in. People change."

"Not here, not now they don't." He replied.

I growled and broke free of Lisa's grasp as I jumped to my feet and turned Jinxx around. "Don't you dare. Otherwise I will kill you. I promise you that Caleb would never have wanted this."

He seemed to stop at this as he looked to me and scowled, stopping as Mark walked in with Blake by his side, Luna following.