chapter twenty-one - Luna

"So you think they'll be okay?" I asked Mark, walking into the kitchen. I grab a water bottle off of the shelf and open it. I take a sip before handing the bottle to Mark and let out a sigh.

"Can't tell." He says, letting out a sigh. "But from the looks of it, it's bad." He says and I nod my head before my attention went to Madelyn, who was calling for me. I raise an eyebrow to Mark before walking outside with him, where Madelyn was standing, rifle in hand.

"What's up?" I asked her, looking to where she was pointing to see a figure walking in our direction.

Madelyn stood next to me, pointing her rifle towards the figure that was approaching us. Mark stood on my other side, pistol raised. I gripped my crossbow in hands, glaring at the person as they walked up.

"That's close enough." I speak, my voice cold to her compared to how I would talk to everyone else here.

"Please." She speaks, her voice cracking and shaky as she spoke. It was like she knew us yet I had no clue who she was.

"Lynne!" I called out, taking in her beaten and cut up appearance. Her eyes seemed to have widened at the name. "Do you know us?" I asked and the girl shook her head. Lies. I take a few steps forward. The tip of my arrow comes to the tip of her nose. "Do you know me?" I ask her and she nods her head.

I narrow my eyes for a moment before glancing towards the sound of Lynne coming out of the broken down house. "Luna what's u-Blake?" Lynne asks and I shoot her a look.

"You know her?" I ask, looking back to the girl, Blake. She flinches back from my gaze.

"Yeah, I know her she-"

"I wasn't asking you Lynne. I'm asking you to point your weapon at her so I can search her." I snapped at her, not taking my gaze off of the girl.

"What for?" Lynne asks. "She's not going to hurt us." Lynne says and I look back to her. "Not everyone's bad Luna. Some just want to talk." She says and I roll my eyes.

"We'll be able to talk when she's not a threat anymore." I say, motioning for Mark to pat down the girl for guns.