chapter thirty-two - Lynne

"Are we going to be okay?" I asked to Lisa, who stared at me with her expressionless gaze, though it hinted sympathy.

She leaned forward and quickly kissed my cheek. "Of course we will." She said, "Lynne--."

"Lynne," Luna said through the walkie talkie, "you guys ready?"

I turned to Lisa, Jinxx, and Blake, who nodded their heads. Jinxx had no emotion on his face, while Blake had all of them - covered over her features as she shook quietly in place.

"Yeah." I said softly, getting a good look at the people who were on patrol. Something told me this was going to be dangerous.

I just prayed to God that Bella would be able to live with herself if I died on this day.

The second Luna spoke it sounded like things went in slow motion. Nobody moved for a few moments, until she was the first one to make a move from the other side as she shot one of the men on patrol, and that's when we made our move.

Aiming my pistol at his skull, I knocked down his friend with one shot, the sensation of his hopeless eyes drilling into my head.

But I couldn't be bothered with that right now.

Hell, I wasn't even sure I cared.

We separated, with Blake and Lisa on one side and Jinxx and I on the other. I picked up my walkie talkie as I heard the sound of what seemed like an alarm blaring. Breathlessly, I glanced across the outside. "Luna, we need to get inside."

"Lynne, come here." she replied, silence following the alarm until we met halfway through the large area the second I noticed where she was.

She locked eyes with me. "There's give or take sixty people in there, fifty if we're lucky. We gotta spread out."

"If someone gets shot we won't know until it's too late." I argued.

Luna thought for a moment, and then met my gaze. She sighed.

"Pair everyone up, then, Lynne. Give them a buddy. We don't have much time, then we'll meet back out here."

I turned around and nodded, running to find our group members, just in time for a man to come running out, landing him a bullet between his eyes from Jinxx.

"Jinxx and Blake, Lisa and Me, Mark, Luna, and Madelyn." I said quickly.

"I can handle my own." Madelyn cocked her gun.

"Fine, but James is mine." Luna said through her gritted teeth.

A smirk found itself on my place. "Then let's kill the son of a bitch," I said, "Lisa and I will start on the lower level."

"Keep your walkie talkies. Anything goes wrong, we scream the code word." Luna said, and soon we scattered.

Lisa turned to me as we ran into the wearhouse, a man almost running straight into us immediately, his gun pointed at me.

Lisa shot hers before he got the chance to pull the trigger, but we barely had enough time to catch our breaths before we were running back down again, finding the stairs.

"Careful." Lisa warned as I held my gun out, silence overlapping the building. A moment passed and then there were some gunshots from above me, and then silence again, and then more gunshots.

We walked down the stairs to see a narrow hallway, followed by a large opening.

I exchanged a look to Lisa, pulling my hair back as we ran to the dark room, backing ourselves against a wall, but cocking my pistol immediately when a black haired girl like my own came into view and leaned her head forward, shooting a few bullets.

I jolted my arm out, dropping to the floor and holding Lisa with it as I shot her in the knee, a scream escaping her lips - which gave me enough time to shoot her in the head.

The next girl to come into view as we walked some more was a heavy man with two tattoos resting on his shoulder and his, what I could see as, his sister, who resided next to him.

"IT'S THEM, BOSS! IT'S THEM!" He shouted while shooting a bullet, hitting me in the shoulder and encouraging a hiss of pain to leave me.

I almost didn't manage to get a good hold of my weapon in enough time to shoot a few bullets, two of which missing the man as he quickly made his chase to find more cover.

The woman hysterically followed, her eyes watered with tears, though I found nothing in them besides the will to live. Lisa took care of her as I aimed my gun at the man's head.

It was his own mistake to reach for the weapon he swore I couldn't see, that was attached to his ankle.

Gasping, I shot him as he fell to the ground with a whimper leaving his soulless body. I winced in pain, as I looked to my shoulder that leaked blood, sighing out a hiss.

"You okay?" Lisa asked without breath.

"Of course," I replied, looking around the dark room again, "we gotta go now. Anyone else?"

"I don't think so---." Lisa said, only to be drowned out by a crashing sound from behind me.

Jumping, I reached for my gun and held it in front of me, taking a few steps forward when I saw the outline of someone. "Stop or I'll shoot!" I shouted. The figure put their hands up, stopping where they stood and obeying. I looked to Lisa and then glared back to the figure. "Now take a few steps forward." I demanded.

The figure walked forward, looking me in the eyes the entire time. It was then I noticed their shaking figure and Lisa looking around frantically to see if anyone else was going to come from the shadows.

I narrowed my eyes as the figure came some two feet away from me, making me sigh out of my own anguish immediately.

"Son of a bitch." I whispered.

In front of me was a teenage girl with long brown hair and blue eyes, a sundress covering her thin body.

"You killed my mother and father." She said out as she met my gaze, her tears rolling down on her eyes. "You killed my mother and father!" She yelled. I lowered my gun gently. She looked to the bodies that were in front of me as her face turned red. "How could you do that?!"

"Sweetie, I don't want to hurt you."

"YOU KILLED MY PARENTS, I'LL MURDER YOU!" The girl seemed to snap through her own anger and fear rippling down her veins. She plunged at me despite me having a gun in my hands.

I did what I had to do.

I didn't want to, I never want to kill kids. If only she would've listened to me, if only she would've been quiet.

But this world doesn't give second chances. I'm done being the good girl. I'm done forgiving people. I'm done with everything.

Lisa turned to me, and I gave her a look before gazing back down to the body. "Luna made it clear no survivors." I said out.

She was about to say something else before I heard the walkie talkie sound out.

"Lynne..." Luna said shakily. "We have a problem."