chapter fifteen - Luna

"Your boyfriend's a dick." I say, looking at the ring that was sitting on a rock in front of me. How bad I wished he was here and how bad I with Harper was still alive so I could kill her all over again.

I sat down against a tree and in front of me, besides the rock, was an opening where deer would pass through. I lifted my arms and looked at my shaking hands with a small sigh.

I closed my eyes for a moment before opening them and reaching to my waist. I pulled out my hunting knife and turned it in my hands, the sharp tip pressing against one finger.

"I'm sorry my brother." I say, looking to the ring before I pulled up my sleeve and pressed the blade to my exposed left arm, jerking my hand back and watched as a line of blood appeared on my arm.

Your fault. My arm jerked again and I watched the red drip onto the floor. They're dead because of you. I held in a breath as I jerked again, blood pooling in my hand from the cut on my palm. He's gonna get you and do worse than last time. Tears fell from my eyes and mixed with the blood as the thoughts filled my head.

I move to do it again but I'm stopped by a hand grabbing my right arm and taking the knife. I look up to see Mark, a saddened look in his eyes as he pocketed my knife and moved so he was on my left.

Neither of us said a word as he pulled off his backpack and started to clean the wounds with alcohol and wrap it with bandages. My gaze was stuck on the ring that was in front of me.

Mark pressed a kiss to my head before picking up the ring. "Who's the ring for?" He asked, wanting to keep the topic off of the cuts that were on my arms.

"It was for Caleb." I say to him and he looks down at it before putting it in my hand.

"I'm sorry Dove." He says, turning my head so that I could see him. "I'm sorry." He repeats, pressing a kiss to my lips.

"I just. . ." I trailed off, running my right hand through my hair. "I miss him Mark." I say and Mark pulls me into a hug.

"I know Dove. I know." He says, pulling me so that I was sitting on his lap. I hugged him, burying my face into his shoulder.