chapter forty-seven - Luna

Being the leader is hard. Not that I'm complaining. I'm just stating facts, being the leader of a group is hard and will always be hard. Looking after everyone was the job that was put on you.

Being the leader is keeping your people alive. It's starving yourself so that they can eat. It's staying awake so that they can sleep. That's what being a leader is, to me at least.

I sat down on the floor of the barn, my head resting on Mark's shoulder. He had his arm around my waist, holding me next to him. My one eyed gaze went around the group, who were talking amongst themselves.

"You should get some sleep Dove." Mark says, rubbing my arm gently. "It's okay to sleep, we're safe, you know that right?" He asks and I sigh, nodding my head.

"I know." I say and he nods, placing a kiss to my cheek. "I'm just nervous. You know?" I ask and he nods, pulling me closer to him.

"I know." He says, setting his head against mine. "I am too." He admits, making me smile a bit to myself. "Try to get some sleep. For me?" He asks and I nod my head, burying my face into his neck.

=-=

By the time I woke up, everyone was still doing what they were, talking or they were working out our next move. I opened my eyes and smiled as I felt Mark kiss the top of my head.

I look to him and smile "Morning I guess." He says, making me smile.

I place a kiss to his lips. "Good morning I guess to you too Markimoo." I say as he sat up, pulling me up with him.

My gaze swept the barn, the only ones missing being Lisa and Lynne. I let out a sigh, standing up to my feet. Mark watched me as I stretched, feeling my arms and bones crack as I did so.

"We have to move again, don't we?" Bella asks me, making me look to her and shake my head.

"Not yet, we need some time." I say, kneeling down to her level. I give her a smile, placing my hand on her shoulder. "So, let's relax for a bit, yeah?" I ask and she flashes me a toothy smile, nodding her head.

I smile back and stand up straight, my head turning to the door when it opens and Lynne and Lisa walk in slowly.

"Guys." Lynne says as another person follows them in. "This is-"

"You!?"