chapter nineteen - Luna

Fear, it might just be the one thing that shoots through your head everyday. The fear of losing everything that you know and love. That's what people feel everyday now.

It's as though fear's just something we ignore now a days. The semi safe world that we once knew is gone. The semi safe world that we once knew is gone. The world we knew that we took for granted, we were - are - a selfish species.

I never liked the old world though. It was always full of hate and people who think they can just step all over you. But that was then, now? Now you have to rely on others to get by.

I was pulled out of my thoughts by Mark as he placed a kiss to my neck. I leaned into his touch as he wrapped his arms around my waist, kissing up my neck.

"Everything's going to be okay Dove." He says, kissing just under my ear. I smile, closing my eyes as I lean my head back on his shoulder. He smiles against my jaw as he kisses up it.

"I know, but." I trail off, stifling the urge to moan out. I pulled away from him, pressing a kiss to his lips. "What if he gets away again?" I ask and Mark's grip on me tightens.

"He won't." Mark says coldly, kissing my cheek. I nod a bit and snuggle into his arms, wanting nothing more then all of this to be a bad dream, all I wanted was to wake up and be back in that room to kill James all over again.

"What's our next move?" Lynne asked as she walked into the room. I looked up to her from where I was sitting on the floor with Mark. I could tell that she was worried about me.

I tried to think of something, anything that would benefit us. Yet nothing seemed to come to my mind. Nothing at all.

I let out a sigh as I look to Lynne. "I don't know." I answer honestly, looking down. "My guess though." I say, looking to her with a small frown. "We get back on our feet." I say and she tilts her head. "We need to be ready."