chapter thirty-three - Luna

In a time of panic, the brain only knows of two responses, fight or flight. It's a natural thing when in danger, I've witnessed both in my lifetime too much.

Up until now, all of my instincts were fight. It was like war drums in my ears until we came to the room where we were held the first time we were here.

Fight seemed to turn off yet flight didn't seem to click in yet. Guess the third response is to freeze up. That's what happened when we got to the room.

I stood beside Mark, praying that Lynne would hurry her ass up and get down here along with the rest of the group. I gripped my gun tighter as I looked to the man in front of us.

James stood, a twisted smile on his face as he locked eyes with me. He had a few guys with him just in case. A shiver ran down my back before my eyes shifted to the person that he was holding in his arms.

Bella.

She was struggling to get out of his grasp before he pressed the pistol harder against her temple. My head shot over to Lynne as her and the rest ran into the room.

"Ah, ah, ah. Not another step." James says in a teasing voice as Bella, now cries as she looks to Lynne. I was holding my python in hand as my rifle had ran out of ammo and I had to hand it off to Mark to carry.

Lynne and I share a look before I look back to James. "Let her go James." I say to him and he just shakes his head. I tense up, ready to do whatever it takes to keep everyone safe.

"Oh, come one Princess, surely you know how things like this work." He says and I look around before sighing, raising my hands. "That's it, now the rest of you." He says and the group follows. "Now, drop your guns." He says and we listen to him.

I place my python on the floor before also placing my katana on the floor. I stand up and look to James. "There."

"That's good Princess, now, slowly walk to me baby." He says and I shiver at the thought before slowly walking towards him. James smiles before shoving Bella once I got close enough to grab.

I struggle a bit, almost yelling when he makes me kneel in front of the group. He wraps one arm around my neck, pressing as hard as he can. My hands grip his arm, hoping to pry it off of me.

"Now then." He says, leaning forward a bit and placing a kiss to my neck. I try to jerk away, hating the feeling of him even touching me. Slowly, he licks my neck before laughing and standing up straight, pulling me up with him. "Oh, what's wrong Mark, you seem a bit mad." He says, now pointing his gun at the group. "It's time to say goodbye, any last words to your friends Luna?" He asks and I look to the group.

In an instant, I push his arm to the side and he shoots, hitting one of his men before yelling out.

"Run!"