chapter forty-three - Luna

Hunting with Mark is like telling a blind person to go to the store and get milk. It doesn't get done easy, and sometimes at all. But here we are. In the woods, attempting to teach Mark how to hunt.

"You're so loud." I say to him as we walk through the woods. I glance over my shoulder at him for a moment before looking forward and gripping my crossbow. "You need to learn to be light on your feet." I say to him, my gaze scanning the area for anything that moves.

I could hear Mark huff, still loud compared to my nearly silent steps. "The point of coming was to hunt, not teach me how to not be a buffoon." He says and I smirk, shaking my head a bit.

"No," I say, my eyes locked on squirrel that was climbing down the tree. "You're here to make sure I don't kill over and die because of Jinxx and the damage done by James." I say, shooting my arrow, hitting the squirrel.

I look to him and smirk, he rolls his eyes at me. Walking over, I pull the arrow out of the tree and put the squirrel on my belt. Turning, we started to move further into the woods.

"Luna." Mark says, his hand grabbing my arm gently. I look back to him, raising an eyebrow. "You okay?" He asks and I smile at him, nodding my head at him.

"Gotta be." I say to him, making him frown at me. I look to the floor for a moment before looking back up to him.

He pulled me too him, his hands on my waist. "Luna." He says to me, our eyes locking together. "I know when you're lying." He says, setting our foreheads together. "You can tell me Dove." He says and I let out a sigh, looking away from him for a moment.

"I'm scared Mark." I say, my eyes closing as I spoke. "I'm scared that everyone will leave or die because I'm a terrible leader. I'm scared that you'll die because you follow me. Mark I'm gonna get you killed." I say opening my eyes, tears blurring my one sided gaze.

"Luna-"

"No Mark, I know what I'm talking about. It's only an amount of time before everyone votes me as a bad leader and leaves. I'm not ready for that day, because you'll leave with them." I say, tears running down my face.

"Luna. I'm not going to leave you. Not now, not ever. I love you, more than anything in this fucked up world." He says, holding my waist in his hands. "I'm not going anywhere. Neither are they." He says, pressing a kiss to my lips.

"I love you." I say against his lips. He smiles into the kiss, walking until my back presses against a tree. I grunt, letting him slip his tongue into my mouth. Slowly, my worries melted away and I kissed Mark.

Reaching up, my hands tangled in his hair, tugging gently, making him growl. A moan leaves me when he bites my lip and moves down to my neck, making me gasp.

I pull his hair as he reaches a spot that makes me breathless. After a minute of focusing on that spot, Mark pulls back and flashes me his famous smile. "I'm not going anywhere. Now let's go cook dinner for the damn group." He says, pecking my lips.