chapter forty-one - Luna

I shook my head, looking at the group in front of me. Sighing, I look to Lynne, who looked to me with a look of pity. I lowered my head for a moment before looking back up.

"Then he stays, but there needs to be a punishment." I say and Lynne nods her head as I go to play around with the ring in my pocket only to find it gone from my pocket. I frowned a bit as I took my hand from my pocket, opting to mess with my tags.

"Of course he needs a punishment." Madelyn says from where she stood with the group. I nodded my head, as did a few others. "He's not to go near Luna." She starts as I slide my hand into Mark's hand.

"Damn right he's not." Mark growled, holding my hand a bit tighter. I sighed, tensing up a bit at the thought of him attacking me again.

Madelyn looked around the room before letting out a shaky breath. "He needs to pull his weight. He's to not carry a gun, only a knife at that." She says and the group nods, Lynne hesitating a bit.

"Than that's that." Lynne says, looking around. "That's how we're going to handle this. Until Stacy is stable enough to travel, we're going to stay here, When she's fit to travel is when we're going to get a move on and find a new place." Lynne says and I nod my head, placing it on Mark shoulder.

"Alright, meeting adjourned." Madelyn says and the group goes off, Mark helping me up as we get up from the floor.

"I need to get out of here." I say, the only ones left in the room being me, Mark, and Madelyn. Mark looked to me and raised an eyebrow. "Come hunting with me. We're gonna need something for dinner and I can't stay in this house." I say and he nods his head. "Madelyn." I say, making her look to us. "We're gonna go hunt, be back by dinner." I say with a small smile.

She nods her head, turning and leaving the room. I look to Mark with a bigger smile. "Come on." I say, grabbing his hand and leading him towards our room, where our weapons were.

We walked in and Mark grabbed his stuff as I grabbed my crossbow and arrows. "What are we hunting?" Mark asks, watching as I put my knife in the sleath.

I looked to him and motioned for him to follow me. "Whatever we find my dear man. Whatever we find." I say with a smile as we leave the room.

Without another word to anyone, we walked out of the base and towards the woods. I gripped my crossbow in my hands, ready to shoot whatever moves.

The one downside of this? Mark's big, and heavy, and loud.