chapter thirty-five - Luna

How badly I wanted to agree with Mark, yet in the back of my head all that came through was "James could have lived". It was a thought that I had kept locked away and it was all that I could hear now.

The ringing in my ears drowned everything else out, my group talking, if they were talking anyway. I sat there, on my knees, in front of my body. My hands pulsed as my knuckles bled, I could taste the blood that came from my lips, feel the bruises that were going to form on me, I could feel everything that he did to me.

It was finally over, yet it would never be over since he was engraved in a dark part of my head. He's never going to be truly gone.

Mark was the first to try and get me out of the state that I seemed to be trapped in. He knelt down next to me and gently turned my head towards his.

His eyes held worry and anger. Reality seemed to click in that I could have died had I not pinned him down. I let out a shaky breath, lowering my head and pressing my face into his chest.

Mark placed a kiss to the top of my head, pulling me into his arms, hugging me. "It's okay Dove." He says to me and I grip onto his shirt before pulling back and look up at Mark.

I held no emotion as it had dawned on me that Bella had somehow gotten out of the house. Did something go wrong?

I stood up, taking my sword from Mark with no words before putting it in the holder. Walking over, I picked up my python before motioning for the group to follow.

"Bella," I spoke as we made our way out of the building and towards the base. "How did you get here?" I asked and she looked down for a moment.

"I left, I wanted to help, I'm sorry Luna." She said and I sighed, placing my hand on her shoulder as we fell behind the group a bit, my body hurting too much to keep up with the group.

"It's okay, let's just hope you didn't give Stacy a heart attack."