chapter thirty-nine - Luna

"What the Hell just happened?" Lisa's voice was the first to break out through the silence and my whimpering. I press my face against Mark's shoulder, whimpering and softly gasping.

My hands gripped the back of his shirt, wanting nothing more then for this to be a bad dream. Mark held me on his lap, arms wrapped around me.

"You're okay Dove. You're okay." He whispers to me, placing a kiss on my head. My hands shake as I try to catch my breath. As much as I hate to say it, he reminded me of James. "We need to do something about him." Mark says to Lisa and Lynne.

"I know." I hear Lisa sigh as she walks over to tend to Stacy. "But what we gonna do? Lock him up? Give him a trial in front of a judge?" Lisa asks, letting out a sigh of frustration.

"We could exile him." Mark says and the room falls silent as I shift a bit in his arms. Mark's grip on me tightens as he slowly stands up, me in his arms, now bridal style.

"We can't do that, not without the rest of the group." Lynne says. "We can take a vote." She says and I close my eyes, head buried in Mark's chest.

"Then fix Stacy and call a meeting, we'll vote tonight." Mark says before walking out of the room, me in his arms still. "It's okay Dove." He whispers to me, pressing a kiss to my head.

Mark made no effort to talk to anyone, just walked into the hall and straight into our room. Slowly, he laid me down on the bed, pulling the blanket over me.

"You okay Dove?" He asks, sitting on the bed beside me. I look to him for a moment, my one sided gaze making me pick up my head to see him.

Shifting, I set my head on Mark's lap. "No." I say, sighing as he runs his hand through my hair. Slowly, his hand trails down to lightly tracing the bruises forming on my neck. "He needs to leave." I say softly, flinching back from Mark's touch.

"I know Dove. I know." He says, reaching his hand down and sliding the ring off of my finger to play with it. "But the whole group has to vote on it." He says, looking at the ring with a soft smile.

I look at the ring in his hand and let out a yawn. "Mark?" I ask, making him look to me as I close my eyes.

"Yeah Dove?" He asks me and I move in closer to him. His free hand helps him move so that he's laying down, my head on his chest.

"Can we get married?" I ask, half awake and half asleep. He pauses for a moment and I feel myself drift off.

"Whatever you want Dove."