Sweeter than Sweat

Fluff. Drabble (not really)

**********

"Oh my god, fucking finally! I thought you're not gonna come!" Julian breathed out in obvious relief as he almost bumped into the petite girl as soon as he opened the door in all his sweaty glory.

"Huh?" the girl asked in confusion.

"It's becoming hell inside. Can't you feel the heat?" Josh quipped in, irritation marring his expression. "Calm your boyfriend down or I'll raise hell myself."

She grew more confused. What is he up to this time?

"He's driving us insane!" Julian threw his hands in the air in exasperation.

"What did he do now?" she asked, eyes wide.

Seriously, what's this about?

"Kayc!" Big Will burst out the door just then, fake sobbing as he engulfed his petite friend into a bone-crushing hug.

"Ugh...Will –can you just...please change first?" she shamelessly removed his arms around her and pushed him away gently as if she just touched dog poo.

"That!" Julian pointed out and groaned, shaking his head in misery. "Get in. Now. Or I'll throw you in myself."

"What-? I d-don't understand-?"

"Kaycee Caitlin Rice. Now!"

"Okay, okay!" the girl said as his guy friends were pushing her inside the practice room like they were like sacrificing her to fight a lion like in the ancient Rome.

And even though she had no idea of what was going on, she gulped as she turned to face inside, and saw Sean Lew seated on the bench, arms crossed, hard gaze glued to her as if he was expecting her all the while. He didn't look angry, in fact, his face was calm, save for his penetrating, hard gaze. But this is where it gets scary. A calm Sean is never a good sign.

With the way he is staring, or glaring, at her right now made her wonder if something she did made him somehow pissed. Sure, they're schedules were getting crazier as the months passed especially now she's starting her first acting job and interviews sprout up left and right, leaving them a small amount of time together.

But she knew in her heart Sean understood. He always understands, as there were months he had to fly from country to country to teach. So what the heck is this all about?

Unless...?

Oh my god. He couldn't be serious, she thought.

Kaycee Rice is known to be the only person who could crumble Sean Lew's walls and could turn him from a tiger to a kitten anytime with her equal ferocity and stubbornness. And she is about to do that now – if her suspicions are correct.

She cleared her throat and decided to act casual.

"Hey," she smiled, albeit weakly, keeping a distance from him while swatting away the air around her and pinching her nose.

Sean smirked.

"Hey, babe," his voice came out smooth as honey that Kaycee had to swallow hard when he stood up and took a step towards her. She took a step back. "So...I watched your recent interview," he said, continued on approaching her and Kaycee had to back away as much. "What's wrong?" he said innocently but was actually smirking.

He's enjoying this, Kaycee thought exasperatedly. This is what she gets from having a boyfriend who's once-in-a-blue-moon-petty and cute as Sean.