Chapter 8

********

Amy POV

We head back to the apartment after the girls decided to skip their dinner out and just order in.

The apartment I rented in has three rooms, I took the masters bedroom alone and the girls split the two rooms in three.

I can't sleep with anyone, I don't want any of them to know about my nightmares, about the nights I cried myself to sleep, thinking about Mom. To the girls, I am their strong older sister/friend they can rely on at times, in reality I am just a scared little girl trying to be a grown up.

As soon as we arrived at the apartment I head straight to my room and locked myself in. I will wear whatever I am comfortable in for this dinner.

I open my luggage and find something I could wear. It's a bit cold so I need something warm. I picked up a hoodie and a jeans and put it on the bed.

I went inside the bathroom to wash up. I wasn't planning to shower as I just showered when we went out for our late lunch, which is just a few hours ago.

I sniffed at my hair, I can smell a bit of the smoke from the samgyupsal we had. I wrinkled my nose and had internal conflict if I should take a bath or not. In the end, I entered the shower area and took a bath.

After my quick shower, I head inside the bedroom, I picked up the hoodie and the jeans I laid out earlier and put it on.

I stare at myself in the mirror, I'm wearing a yellow hoodie and a skinny jeans. Hmmm not the usual dinner outfit! Aishhh!!

I rummage through my luggage again and found a simple black dress, I picked up a brown coat to partner it with. I took off the hoodie and jeans and and put on the dress.

I stare at my reflection in the mirror, I'm thinking on what to put on my face. I don't like wearing make up, I normally just put on pressed powder or bb cream and a bit of blush on and some lipstick. This is the end of my knowledge on make ups, I was never interested in it.

Contented with my reflection, I pick up my contact lens, hmmm, I put it down and took out my glasses from my bag instead.

I look around my room, still thinking what else is missing.

Damn it Amethyst, stop making a big deal. He probably just want to apologize for spilling coffee on you.

I look at my watch, its fifteen minutes to 7:00pm, he should be arriving soon. I waited for another ten minutes, then I pick up my coat and went out of the room.

The girls all stood up from the couch, apparently all waiting for me to come out of the room. I purposely come out with less than five minutes to spare so they won't be able to make me change my dress.

"Ate, where's your shoes?" Rielle asked me, looking at my bare foot.

Damn! I'm not nervous, really!

As I was heading back to my room the doorbell to the apartment rings. The girls all rushed to answer the intercom and see if its him already.

I quickly go inside my room and pick up my black boots.

When I went out of the room, he's already at the living room, staring at me sorrounded by the girls.