Chapter 19

I'm Your Angel
Celine Dion

No mountains too high, for you to climb
All you have to do is have some climbing faith, oh yeah
No rivers too wide, for you to make it across
All you have to do is believe it when you pray

And then you will see, the morning will come
And every day will be bright as the sun
All of your fears cast them on me
I just want you to see

I'll be your cloud up in the sky
I'll be your shoulder when you cry
I'll hear your voices when you call me
I am your angel
And when all hope is gone, I'm here
No matter how far you are, I'm near
It makes no difference who you are
I am your angel
I'm your angel

I saw the teardrops, and I heard you cry
All you need is time, seek me and you shall find
You have everything and you're still lonely
It don't have to be this way, let me show you a better day
And then you will see, the morning will come
And all of your days will be bright as the sun
So all of your fears, just cast them on me
How can I make you see?

I'll be your cloud up in the sky
I'll be your shoulder when you cry
I'll hear your voices when you call me
I am your angel
And when all hope is gone, I'm here
No matter how far you are, I'm near
It makes no difference who you are
I am your angel
I'm your angel

And when it's time to face the storm
I'll be right by your side
Grace will keep us safe and warm
And I know we will survive

***********
Amy POV

Hyunsik held me the entire time I was telling him everything. He just held me tight, caressing my back as he let me breakdown and cry.

"Amy, it was an accident, it's not your fault." he said to me softly. His words makes me cry harder than I alreay have.

I shake my head as I look at him. "If I just listened to my Dad, if I stayed, if I didn't met him, if I didn't tried to cross the streets, my Mom would still be here. My family would still be here!" I replied to him in between my tears. I'm not even sure if I am still coherent at all.

"Stop blaming yourself. Have you thought about how your Mom would feel if she didn't push you out of the way and you were the one who died?" I look up at him. "You never thought of that right?"

I pull myself out of his embrace, I couldn't think, I admit I never once thought of it. I always put the blame on myself because I know it was all my fault. I did it to our family.

"You should learn how to forgive yourself Amy, nobody wants that to happen, and I am sure your family misses you." he said to me as I continue to cry. When he couldn't help it anymore, he pull me back to him. I didn't protest, I just let myself cry on his chest.

"Have you talked to your Dad or your brother?" he asked after a while as he stroke the top of my head and gently kiss it. I shake my head as an answer to him.

"When the day comes, that you finally forgive yourself, and you want to meet them again. I will be there with you, I will hold your hand and I will give you the strenght to face them. I promise you that."

We stayed like that for a while. Eventually my tears dried up, my breathing calm down. I felt the warm in his embrace, telling someone everything I bottled up inside me for so long, makes my heart lighter. I am thankful its him, I am glad I am with him.

When I think I am done crying, I look up to him and gently smiled. "Thank you, you don't know how much this mean to me. I'm sorry I wet your shirt with my ugly crying."

"It's fine, let's just say we're even now, I did spill my coffee on your shirt." he said teasingly. We both laugh at the mention of the first time we met. It's just a couple of weeks ago, but looking at him, here beside me, it feels like eternity.

"Amy, never doubt yourself, you have more worth than you can imagine. You are worthy to be loved," he said to me as he lean down to my face. I closed my eyes and felt his lips kissed both ny eyes. "You can cry to me anytime, I will dry them for you." I just nodded silently as I can feel my heart beating fast already.

"Open your eyes." so I did. I look at his eyes directly, I saw my own reflection, I can see myself looking at the future. A happy one, a future I haven't thought of in a while.

He slowly lean down and I felt his lips on mine, I closed my eyes as soon as our lips touched. It was sweet full of caring and reassurance. He wasn't my first kiss, but it felt like something I have never felt before, like the final piece of a puzzle, like a rainbow after the rain, like everything you imagine perfect would be.

"I love you Amy!" he said as he kissed my forehead. I can only smile in gratitude for the love this guy is giving me. I am overwhelmed with too much emotion.

"We're good right?" he asked, I just nodded at him in agreement as I can't seem to find my voice.

We walk back hand in hand to his car, this time we are both sure of what we feel. And like he said, maybe this shinning star beside me can light up the darkness inside me.

**********
Author's Note
Sikkie gave me so much feel 😭 he really do know the right words to say.

Sorry for another english song 😉 I only know BTOB songs, so this song pop up in my head as I was writing this chapter.

I wish I have my own Sikkie to tell me the right words when I need them.