Chapter 17

Looking through Your Eyes - Leann Rimes

Look at the sky
Tell me what do you see
Just close your eyes
And describe it to me
The heavens are sparkling
With starlight tonight
That's what I see
Through your eyes

I see the heavens
Each time that you smile
I hear your heartbeat
Just go on for miles
And suddenly I know
My life is worth while
That's what I see
Through your eyes

Here in the night
I see the sun
Here in the dark
Our two hearts are one
It's out of our hands
We can't stop what we have begun
And love just took me by surprise
Looking through your eyes
I look at myself
And instead I see us
Whoever I am now
It feels like enough
And I see a girl
Who is learning to trust
That's who I see through your eyes

Amy POV

I enjoyed the whole day touring Seoul, the girls went crazy trying on different hanbok as we go around Gyeongbokgung Palace. They all had the fun playing around like a Korean nobel woman.

I miss him already. We've been spending a lot of time together these past few days, getting to know each other. I really love spending time with him.

When I am with Hyunsik, I feel like my old self. Simple, happy and contented. He makes me so happy that I am scared. I'm scared that I don't deserve it. I don't deserve him.

I am not dense. I know and I can tell from the way he looks at me. I know, because I feel the same. I don't want to acknowledge it, because I am not sure if I can be what he need, or if I deserve to be with him.

I keep telling myself I should stop this, but my heart is telling me to try. Am I allowed to be happy? I look at my phone and read his message.

➡️ I'll pick you up by 8:00pm.

He asked me to go to Achasan Mountain with him tonight, he said its breathtaking at night. I type a message to him.

⬅️ Can I just meet you there?
➡️ But I want to pick you up 🙁
⬅️ I'll let you take me home later 😉
➡️ Really I can take you home? 😱
⬅️ Yah, that's not what I meant 🤨
➡️ Haha I know, see you 😘

I wanted to be alone for a while, that's why I asked to meet him there. I just want sometime to think.

******

I am standing at the entrance of the park waiting for him. As soon as he saw me, he wave at me with his signature eye smile plastered on his face.

 As soon as he saw me, he wave at me with his signature eye smile plastered on his face

I feel my heart beat fast as he walks towards me. The way he looks at me and the way he smiles at me melts my heart. I don't need more time, I know in my heart that I'm falling for him. Hell can welcome me if that would mean I get to be with him.

He took my hand as soon as he reached me.

"Something wrong?" he asked worriedly. I shake my head and try to smile at him and I gesture at him to lead the way to the peak.

He look at me as if trying to see if I am really okay. How can I tell him, I just acknowledge to my self that I am falling for him?

We walk hand in hand to climb the mountain and reach the peak.

It's breathtaking! The view is so serene its sureal.

"It's beautiful!" I couldn't help exclaimed at the view in front of me

"It's beautiful!" I couldn't help exclaimed at the view in front of me. I turned to him and smiled at him, thanking him for taking me to this place.

I was glad there's not much people around and we are the only one at the area where he took me. He told me they use to come here a lot. Him and the BTOB guys, they would drink beer on the bench and talk about their dreams.

I can see from his smile that he loves them and that he's proud of them. I smiled to myself knowing what they have been through. It must have been hard for BTOB and him during those years they are struggling. Their switch to ballad and I guess Hyunsik's sad songs help them.

We look at the horizon, his arms on my shoulder my head on his. I wish we could stay like this forever.

"Why do you always look sad?" I look up to him when he ask me that. I move away from him. I sighed. I guess we would come to this.

"Is it because of your Mom?"

I gulp, I don't know what to say or how to start telling him.

"Yes." I whispered, I am not even sure if my voice came out. I moved my gaze from him to the view in front of me.

I felt his movement beside me. I gasped when I felt him backhugging me. I met his hands in front of, like it would give me the strenght I need for what I am about to say to him.

I was about to speak, when I heard him softly singing.

She is already up so high
that I can't reach her
She is shining with
the countless twinkling stars
She is so beautiful
that I can't dare to want her
Like her
Because I love a girl like her
For her
Because I live for her

Just wait,
I will fly high just like you
Higher than the
countless twinkling stars above you
Just wait,
I will always be by your side
I'll be your star that shines
brighter than anyone else

Baby I'll be your star
All you need to do is shine,
just wait, I'll be there soon
Baby I'll be your star
So I won't lose my courage
Let me see at least your back

"You don't have to tell me anything, just know that when you feel like your world is getting dark, I will be your star to shine bright and light you way."

I cried. I couldn't help it anymore, I don't deserve him. He squeezed my hand. I inhaled deeply, hoping the air would give me the courage.

"I killed my Mom."

*******

Author's Note

Cliff hanger again. I know, sorry.
Heads up, Amy's behind story coming.