Chapter Fifty Eight

Hailey's POV

"Dad!"

I get down on my knee's and lift my blanket up, checking underneath my bed but it's not there either.

"DAD!" I shout a second time as I get back up to my feet, placing my hands on my hips.

Where the hell is it?!

"Come on Waffles," I pat my leg and start to walk out of my room. I shout for my dad one last time as I'm making my way down the stairs.

"What is it, Hail?" My dad finally shouts back from in the garage.

I walk over in that direction instead of continuing to yell through out the house. Apparently something was wrong with Caleb's car, they're both in there trying to be the mechanics that they're clearly not, or my dad is I should say.

Waffles excitedly runs into the garage before I can get there myself, the doors already opened. "Have you seen my laptop charger, dad?" I stand near the doorway.

My dad glances back at me for a quick second, then sticks his head back into Caleb's hood. "No I haven't, sweetheart," he answers then points over at something in the car, mumbling something to Caleb.

"Was it the one near the table by the phone?" My brother asked.

I nod, "I think so."

"Ooo," my brother makes this weird apologetic face. "I threw it out this afternoon," he says. "Your dog got a hold of it and chewed it in half."

"Are you serious?" I exclaim looking over at Waffles who's near my brother, chewing on a bone my dad bought him a few days ago.

"Yeah," he chuckles. "I saw it right before heading out for work."

"Think I can borrow yours?" I asked. "Madison wants me to proof read her essay that's due tomorrow."

My brother makes a soft hissing sound while tilting his head to the side, "Amber has it, sorry."

"Great," I mumble under my breath.

My dad then begins to chuckle softly while pulling his head out of Caleb's hood again. He grabs a white rag that's probably dirtier than most teenage girls now a days. "You can use mine, sweetheart," he offers while continuing to wipe his greasy hands. "We'll buy you a new charger on my next day off."

I nod, "are you sure, dad?"

He smiles and nods his head, tossing the dirty rag in a corner, "it's on my bed, I was paying some bills after dinner."

My dad never really liked Caleb and I to touch his computer, he used it strictly for work only. He didn't want us getting on any type of social media and slowing his computer down with any type of viruses, therefore we each got our own.

"Thanks, dad, I won't take long, I promise!"

I push myself off of the door frame and make my way back upstairs, quickly going into my dad's bedroom. Sure enough his laptop is sitting on top of his perfectly made bed, with some papers and envelopes around it; bills. I check the battery life on it and notice that it's on 72%, I decide to leave the charger behind and just take the laptop with me.

I walk out of my dad's bedroom and step into mine placing his laptop on top of my vanity, I remove mine with my other hand and lay it against the wall to the side of me. I sit down on my chair and slide my finger on the mouse pad, his home screen instantly asking for a password; I quickly type it in, unlocking the screen.

The lock screen vanishes and takes me to the last place my dad was on; Google Chrome, he was definitely paying bills. There's about four tabs open on his screen, I start to close them down one by one, logging him out of everything.