SEVEN

When the twins first heard about their school trip to the city, the knew there was no way in hell their father would let them take the bus with everyone else

'I'm going to the city anyway, we can go together.'

For someone who rarely saw his kids and always got into arguments with his son, he never missed an opportunity to spend a little more time with them- even if he spent most of the car ride on his phone.

Astrid and Harry luckily had their group text to help them survive the duration of the trip, especially when they hit traffic and ended up being late.

Their friends didn't fail to make them feel like they didn't even miss anything though.

"Can you just drop us off here?" Harry huffed when he noticed the car was not moving at all.

"Just be patient, Harry," Norman glared, "We're almost there."

Astrid looked out the window, frowning when she noticed the group of students start to make their way up the steps.

"Seriously dad! They're about to go in- we're gonna miss them."

"As if we can't afford to get you your own private tour."

"Dad," the twins groaned now, making Norman roll his eyes when the car finally moved again.

"There you go! See kids, patience is key."

"Didn't you fire your assistant yesterday because he was late by a minute?"

"And now my new assistant is early by five minutes."

When the car came to a stop in front of the steps, it was hard for the students at Midtown high to miss the expensive car.

While Astrid grew to know everyone, she still was uncomfortable any time how rich her family was brought up so it was safe to say she wanted to disappear then and there.

Harry saw how hesitant she got, nudging her slightly as he opened the door, "Cmon, we've got to catch up."

"Have fun on your trip kids! Take lots of notes!" Norman called out, already on his phone again by the time they stepped out.

They joined the others, Flash and a group of guys shaking their heads as they spoke about them amongst themselves but Harry quickly ignored it as he spoke to his own friends.

The teacher went on as if nothing had happened as Astrid walked alongside Gwen and Peter.

"We didn't miss anything, right?"

"You did miss Peter tripping and breaking his glasses."

"Okay, I didn't trip- Flash tripped me."

"Thank you for giving me a reason to kick Flash's ass, Pete," Harry smirked.

"No," everyone said in unison before he could go towards him.