FIFTY THREE

Norman's number one priority has always been to protect his children

It was his promise to Emily, his promise to himself.

No matter what the situation, he would always put their interest first.

Which is why he knew he had to do something about the whole Green Goblin situation.

The whole thing got out of hand.

What was supposed to be a drug that helped him get better turned him into someone he couldn't recognize, but it felt like he was in too deep to let go of the other guy.

For Norman, there was no letting go of it, which is why he was going to do something about the entire situation now that he knew for a fact that Peter managed to get the twins under his spell.

He couldn't lose them- but more importantly, they couldn't lose him.

He refused to make his children orphans.

But he also knew there was no way in hell Peter would give up his crusade to end him, especially after everything he's done as the Green Goblin.

Still, there was no harm in trying.

At least, that's what Norman was telling himself.

The twins were both confused and a little bit worried when Norman suddenly offered to take them to school one morning, not taking no for an answer and driving them there himself.

They were both worried he'd bring up Spider-man and their latest adventure with them but Norman did no such thing.

He just drove them to school, counting on the fact that Astrid told Peter he was doing so.

He was happy to say the least when they got to Midtown and Peter was already waiting there for them.

"Okay, thanks for the ride dad. I lo-"

"Peter!" Norman called out for him, "Come here for a moment, I need to talk to you."

The twins immediately stopped getting out of the car, both worried for Peter as he approached it.

"You two get to class and Peter- get in."

"Daddy," Astrid said nervously, also giving Peter a warning look.

"Astrid, listen to your father and go to class."

"O-okay but... please remember that he's my boyfriend and I- just don't scare him away. Deal?"

"Deal," Norman rolled his eyes playfully.

Astrid slowly nodded, her and Harry finally getting out of the car while Peter got into the front seat.

"Make sure you smile, Mr. Parker. We've got an audience."

Peter did so nervously, knowing that his friends were in fact watching their every move.