NINETY NINE

"You look like a giant cotton ball

"You look like a giant cotton ball."

"MJ."

"What? Obviously, you're a cute cotton ball."

"I don't think a bride wants to head that she looks like something you keep in your bathroom," Betty snickered.

"Fine... how about a sheep?"

"So worse," Gwen gave her a look, "Besides, it isn't completely white. It's more off-white."

"Fine. Then a dirty sheep."

"Jesus Christ MJ..."

Astrid really wasn't paying attention at all to the argument. She was never really listening from the beginning, instead just staring at herself in the mirror.

The time had finally come for her and Peter to get married. Once they graduated, Astrid thought she would finally get at least some time to relax but was wrongly mistaken.

The board at O Corp were ecstatic that their CEO was finally done with what they deemed was useless and were quick to throw her into a shit ton of work, which she didn't exactly mind since it kept her away from the headache that was finalizing wedding plans.

Peter and Astrid considered just going to City Hall and getting married there but once Tony got wind of that plan, he immediately tore it down.

Astrid had to bed Pepper to step in once Tony began toying with the idea of a destination wedding and with effort, they were able to tone it down into what she could only hope would be the perfect wedding.

It was just a lot different actually standing in the wedding dress, her hair and make-up done and waiting for the ceremony to begin.

It didn't take long for the girls to notice that Astrid was acting off, especially when they began talking about the famous Asgaurdian god and Astrid didn't put in her own two cents like she normally would.

"What's got you so distracted?" Gwen frowned, rubbing her back comfortingly, "Are you okay? What's on your mind?"

"I think what she's trying to say is do you need me to go get the car so you can leave? I won't judge you- none of us will."

"MJ!" Gwen and Betty glared at her this time, making her hold her hands up in defense.

"I'm just giving her all her options!"

"Well, don't worry. I don't want to leave Peter."

"Then what is it?"

"I just- I can't believe that we're here. I was sure that by now I'd be on my deathbed but now here I am about to get married. Everything's perfect- or at least, I feel like it should be but..."

"But?"

"My mom and dad aren't here," Astrid said sadly, "And I know, I still have Harry, Brad, Lily and Happy but..."