TWENTY FIVE

"Peter!"

"Peter!"

Peter was surprised to say the least hearing Astrid call for him in the hallway.

It was just yesterday he spoke to her as Spider-man and she may have professed her love to him- well, Spider-man.

So how was he supposed to face her after that?

"As-Astrid, hey."

"Hey... um... I need you to give this to Spider-man."

Disappointment- that was all Peter felt.

He was also confused, how the hell was he jealous of himself?

"O-Okay."

"Thank you," she smiled gratefully, "And just- make sure you give it to him before school ends. Maybe you can ask Mr. Stark to send him over so he can pick that up? I don't know just- think you can do that?"

"Oh I can definitely do that," Peter chuckled.

I'll give it to him right after this conversation. Here you go Peter- thanks Peter.

"Thanks Peter," Astrid smiled before walking off.

The second she turned the corner, Peter was quick to open the piece of paper.

'Spidey,

I'm sorry but we sorta have to stop seeing each other for a while. Dad found out and well, it's a bit of a mess right now. From now on I'll be with my brother and friends again but don't think I don't want to see you, cause I do. But I just have to go back to my normal routine for a bit- so dad doesn't go crazy. I'll miss you, but I'll definitely see you soon.

Astrid.'

Maybe this was the answer he needed, to get Astrid away from Spider-man.

But the thought of Norman Osborn being a problem to their possible future relationship had him all sorts of worried.

That's all he could think about for the rest of the school day and for the first time in a while, he didn't rush off after school to dress in his suit to wait for Astrid.

Astrid felt disappointed walking out of the school with her group of friends and not seeing Spider-man in his regular spot but she knew her father probably still had his surveillance on her and she couldn't risk it.

"So how are you here with us today, Astrid?" Gwen asked her, snapping her out of her daze.

"Harry convinced dad to not send the car- promised he'd make sure I didn't leave his sight."

"Basically, I'm a babysitter," Harry smirked, ruffling Astrid's hair.

"Who would've thought, Harry the responsible one," Gwen chuckled.

"Wow Astrid. You must've done something really bad to get the tables to turn like that."

"I did nothing wrong but let's not talk about that please."