THIRTEEN

"Okay, so what's the deal with you and Parker?"

Astrid was surprised by the question, to say the least.

She was sitting with her group of friends after cheerleading practice talking about different things, she just didn't expect Peter Parker to come up- especially not her and Peter Parker.

"Um... what?"

"You and Peter!" Betty giggled, "I think we can all say that you two have gotten very close- like dating close."

"Oh," Astrid blushed a bit, "Well, I can assure you Peter and I are not dating."

"Aw, why not?" one of the girls frowned.

"Because we're just friends!" Astrid defended, "Besides he likes Liz!"

"Wow, way to throw Pete under the bus!" Gwen laughed.

"Everyone knows," Astrid rolled her eyes, the other girls nodding in agreement.

Liz shook her head though, "He may have liked me but that was before you came along! Now he totally has a thing for you."

"Even if he did- he only probably thinks he does because I was there for him after his uncle Ben died."

"I don't think so," Davina frowned, now getting everyone's attention.

"Okay, I'll entertain this," Astrid faked a smile, "Why don't you think so, D?"

"Because you're an amazing girl. And the way he looks at you- he looks at you like you hung the moon. And besides, it's been months since his uncle died and he still looks at you that way! So, it's not confusion, it's real."

Astrid cleared her throat awkwardly, "It hasn't been that long. He's still grieving."

"Oh come on!" Betty frowned, "Do you really not like him that much?"

"Hey! I never said that!"

"Good, cause Peter's pretty cute," one of the girls mumbled.

"Yeah, he is," all the girls agreed.

"Especially after he lost the glasses," another girl chimed in.

"I don't know," Liz chuckled, "He looked pretty cute before with the glasses."

Astrid remained quiet now, thinking of the possibility of Liz finally liking Peter back.

God, Pete would be so happy, Astrid thought, All I want is for Peter to be happy.

Gwen noticed Astrid deep in thought, nudging her to get her attention, "What's going through your mind, you?"

"Maybe the fact that you like Peter back?" Davina joked.

Astrid chuckled at Davina wiggling her eyebrows teasingly, "In order for me to like Peter back, he'd have to like me in the first place."

"I swear, it goes in one ear, out the other," Davina laughed with her friends.