EIGHT

Astrid knew when Peter didn't show up at Oscorp Labs that weekend like he said he would, something was up with him

The day of the trip, after she and Harry finally managed to convince their father to let them take the bus back home, Astrid sat with Peter who was out of it the entire time.

He was sweating even though he was shaking because he was cold with his head leaning against her shoulder, not lifting his head once the entire ride back- and even Flash was worried about him.

Astrid wanted to visit him- to make sure he was alright but after she and Harry dropped him off home, she hadn't seen him since.

So now that they were back in school, she was eager to finally see him again.

"You know, you haven't seen Peter for two days and you're acting like it's been years," Gwen noted with a small smirk on her face.

"I'm just worried about him. You should've seen him that day G, he did not look good at all."

"I was there Astrid."

"No, I mean after- the train ride. He literally laid down on the seats and you know Peter, the second he sees anyone come in, he offers his seat but that day he was just passed out, we practically had to drag him off the train."

"Huh... that is weird. You think he'll even be in today?"

"I hope so- if not I'll definitely stop by after school to drop off some soup. You wanna come with?"

"I'd love to," Gwen smiled, "Maybe we can make everyone go."

"That'd be fun, it'd be like a nice trip together."

Gwen nodded when they joined Michelle, Harry and Ned standing by their lockers.

"Hey, is Peter in yet?"

"No," Ned sighed, "We were just talking about him though. Harry told us what bad shape he was in- I really hope he's okay."

"He has to be. He's Peter," Michelle tried to comfort them, surprised to see how concerned Harry was.

"We're talking about Peter here," Harry chuckled, "Scrawny little Peter. I wouldn't be surprised if he came looking skinnier than ever."

"You know you're no macho man either, right?" Ned chuckled.

Harry shook his head though, "Excuse me? I'm ripped. Peter is the scrawny little one- not me."

"Whatever dude," Michelle laughed now as they proceeded to make their way to their first class.

All of them were surprised to see Peter already there, looking as if nothing were wrong.

Before either of them could question him, class began and everyone was forced to their seats.