THIRTY SEVEN

Peter definitely did not want to go to the Osborn party

But with Norman away on a business trip and Astrid surviving a near death experience, it was a given they were going to throw a party and everyone was going to be there.

That's all Ned would say whenever Peter tried to get out of going.

"It's the party of the century!" Ned complained, "I mean- I even heard Gwen got her dad to lay off so there's gonna be no disturbances whatsoever."

"I highly doubt Captain Stacy would let anything slide," Peter scoffed, continuing to look through his computer for information on the bad guys.

"Cmon, Pete!" Ned whined, "If not for yourself then for me? This party is going to be epic- you can't have me going without my best friend."

That's how Peter found himself entering the Osborn mansion to see the party already in full swing.

"I'm surprised Norman even left the city. After what happened with Astrid, everyone swore he'd never leave her side."

"Work always did come first for father," Harry answered, now standing behind them with Astrid by his side.

"Plus, we managed to slip our watchers a little something to put them to sleep."

"Astrid Osborn, it's like I don't know you at all," Ned chuckled.

"Well, a near-death experience can change a person, right, Pete?"

She looked towards Peter who quickly looked away from her and instead lightened up when he saw Gwen and Michelle.

"I'm uh- gonna go over there."

"No you're most definitely not," Astrid quickly stopped him before he could get far.

"Astrid," Harry began, not liking their close proximity

"Stay away from us Harry or I will tell dad you threw this party. And you know he'd believe me."

Harry only rolled his eyes, watching as his sister drag Peter up the stairs.

"I'm getting really tired of you manhandling me," Peter sighed when she finally let him go.

Astrid shrugged, now crossing her arms, "Maybe if you used your powers against me, I wouldn't be manhandling you so much."

"What powers? Astrid, I have no powers!"

"Yeah and I don't have an annoying twin brother."

"I mean... I wouldn't necessarily call Harry annoying," Peter tried.

"Peter!" Astrid groaned, now grabbing a hold of his shoulders, "Why won't you just tell me the truth already?"

"Did you mean what you said on the bus?" Peter suddenly asked, surprising Astrid.