THIRTY EIGHT

"I can't believe you're going on a date with Peter Parker," Gwen chuckled, closing her locker before the girls began to walk towards the exit

"Neither can I," Astrid chuckled, "I honestly can't believe he really asked me out."

"How was the Spidey date anyway? Harry was pretty pissed you two ditched the party."

"Yeah, well, I don't care. I got to know a lot while I was with him. He told me everything- when he first was bitten by the spider, how he realized he had powers... the thing with his uncle."

"I'm glad you finally got all the answers you needed," Gwen smiled, linking their arms and laying her head on her shoulder, "And now I get to help you pick out your outfit for your first date with Peter freaking Parker."

Astrid only smiled at the thought, the two walking out of the building and towards the train.

"I figured after you go on your little date, Michelle could come over and Peter could drop you off at my place so you two could have a proper goodnight kiss -without the Osborn men spying on you and you could tell us all the details after."

"I'm not sure Michelle would care too much about my date with Peter," Astrid chuckled but Gwen shook her head.

"She cares, trust me. Now let's hurry to your place so we can get you ready."

Astrid nodded, the girls doing just that.

It didn't take long for Gwen to find the 'perfect outfit' for Astrid and after forcing some make-up on her, Astrid was all ready for her date.

Unfortunately after unanswered texts from Peter and it being an hour after when they were supposed to meet, she felt her blood boil at the thought of being stood up by Peter Parker.

Astrid went downstairs, ready to go to his place and have a little conversation with him but stopped short seeing her brother in the living room with the TV on loud.

It was hard to miss the famous masked hero swinging around so she stopped immediately, standing by Harry as they watched the screen together.

Astrid frowned seeing the scene unfold on the screen.

Suddenly all the anger disappeared from her and all she felt was worry.

"Man, Spider-man is pretty cool for doing that, I gotta admit," Harry chuckled, now finally turning to face Astrid, "Wait. Where are you going?"

"Nowhere, actually," Astrid chuckled nervously, already backing up, "I'm gonna be in my room."

Harry barely was able to respond when Astrid left, quickly going into her room and texting the girls that the plan to meet up was off.

After taking off her makeup and changing clothes, she turned on the TV, turning into the first channel that was broadcasting the incident.

She felt sick seeing Peter struggle to keep the ferry together.

"Please be okay," she whispered, her eyes never leaving the screen.

She felt a weight lift off her shoulder when Iron Man came to help but she also knew Peter and knew he wouldn't be so happy about not being able to help by himself.

What was important though was that he was safe and so was everyone on the ferry- and that's exactly what she was planning on telling him... if he did come to see her at all.

She almost lost complete faith in seeing him at all until she heard a small knock on her window at night.

Looking over, surely enough Peter Parker was waiting for her to open the window, except he wasn't in his suit at all.

Astrid let him in, confused when she saw the 'I survived my trip to NYC' shirt and Hello Kitty sweatpants he was wearing.

"I know you haven't exactly found your style yet but this is not the way to go Pete," Astrid joked, only to have Peter bring her into a hug.

She stiffened up, knowing then that something was wrong when she heard him sniffle.

"What's wrong, Peter?"

"I... I'm so sorry I missed our first date," he whispered shamefully.

"Are you kidding?" Astrid sighed as she pulled away to get a good look at him, "I saw what happened with the ferry. I would've been mad if you actually made it to the date and weren't there to help."

"Did I though? Really help?" Peter groaned, now throwing himself back on her bed, "Mr. Stark was the one who did all the work. I just... I fucked things up."

"You did not fuck things up Peter," Astrid frowned, taking a seat on her bed with him, "You did all that you could. And you know, for one of your first big incidents, you did pretty well."

"If Mr. Stark didn't come to the rescue, all those people would've died... no wonder he took my suit away."

"Wait. What? He took your suit away?!"

"Yeah," he sighed, "He said if I'm nothing with the suit, I shouldn't have it at all. I'm done being Spider-man."

"Are you kidding?" Astrid gave him a look, "Peter, you were Spider-man before that suit. You don't need Mr. Stark's tech to be the best version of Spider-man you can be. You already got that all in here."

Peter chuckled seeing her point at his heart, "That's very cheesy, you know?"

"Fine," Astrid rolled her eyes playfully, "Then you already got all you need to be Spider-man in here," she pointed at his brain, "And here," now his muscular arm.

Peter only laughed as she continued, eventually trying to get away from her tickles but he only ended up holding her as they laid back in bed, the two looking up at the glow in the dark stars she had pasted on her ceiling.

"You won't uh... like me any less just cause I'm not Spider-man anymore, right?"

Astrid gave him a look, "I liked you before I knew you were Spider-man, Pete. Hell, before I even knew Spider-man."

"Thanks," Peter smiled softly, "I'm sorry I just... I feel weird without Spider-man."

"Peter," Astrid sighed deeply as she sat up, "There's psychically no way you can be without Spider-man. You are Spider-man!"

"Without my suit-"

"What happened to your old one?" Astrid frowned, "The first one you made on your own?"

Peter shrugged, "I still have it- it's hidden in school but it's just... it's not the same, Astrid."

"Okay... how about I make you a suit?"

"What?" Peter asked, immediately sitting up, "You-you'd do that?"

"Yeah. I mean, sure I've never properly made one by myself before but at Oscorp, I have all the materials I need so I'll get right to it."

"You're amazing, you know that right?" Peter smiled brightly, "How can I ever thank you?"

Astrid shrugged, a small smile on her lips, "I can think of a few ways you can thank me..."

written: December 9, 2018
posted: June 04, 2019

kissing bc they're both underage in this book!!!