EIGHTEEN

Astrid was ready to walk right up to Theo and agree to go on a date- not caring that his friends would be there and surely all have something to say

But just as she walked into the cafeteria with newfound confidence, it all went away when she bumped into Peter Parker.

"Oh- sorry Astrid."

"No-not a problem, Pete," Astrid faked a smile, hating herself for turning into putty the second he was around.

But he had this power over her that not even she could explain.

So, while she originally went into the cafeteria ready to agree to go on a date with Theo, she ended up leaving it and spending the remainder of the period with Peter walking around the school.

Theo was the last person on her mind by the end of the school day as she walked with Peter to the train station.

Harry insisted that he already had plans and couldn't go home with them but really, he stayed behind with Ned, Gwen, and Michelle who kept insisting that he leave them alone.

Deciding to take their time, they skipped the first train station and instead ended up at a pizza spot not too far from the school.

"So," Peter began nervously, "You and Theo."

"Me and Theo," Astrid said nervously, "It's an odd pairing, isn't it?"

"It definitely wasn't expected," Peter answered truthfully.

"Can I um... be honest with you?"

"Always," Peter answered easily.

"Theo and I..."

Astrid was at loss for words.

How was she supposed to tell Peter, I'd drop him for you in an instant if you tell me to, without sounding creepy?

Peter, unfortunately, didn't see her hesitation as anything other than her trying to let him down easily.

So, he tried to do that for her, to save him from the heartbreak hearing her say that.

"You really like him, don't you?"

"He's a nice guy."

Had Peter known a thing about girls or listened to Gwen's rant before he left with Astrid, he would have remembered her precise words.

'If she says he's nice, that means she doesn't like him. That means she only sees him as a friend, nothing more.'

Instead, Peter was sure that meant she liked him.

"I think you two would be great together," he blurted out before he could really stop himself.

"Really?" Astrid asked, an eyebrow raised.

She was sure if anyone would be against a relationship with Theo, minus Harry, it'd be Peter.

Yet here he was ready to shove her into his arms.