SEVENTY NINE

Unfortunately for Astrid, it didn't take Tony long for him to accidentally tell Peter the one thing Astrid wanted to keep from him

"What do you mean she's not sick anymore?"

Tony closed his eyes, mentally cursing while Morgan giggled at the slip up and Tony's flustered state.

"I'm gonna go to my room."

"I- no you're not! I never said you could!"

Morgan just offered him a smile before running off, leaving Tony alone with Peter, the movie they were watching long forgotten of in the background.

"Are you being serious?" he asked the second Morgan left, "Astrid's really okay?"

Tony was already thinking about all he could say to Astrid to defend himself.

He was just spending his night in watching a movie with his daughter when Peter barged in and started asking questions about the cure- started getting angry that Tony wasn't working on it as hard as he thought he should.

He didn't even realize he said Astrid wasn't sick and that gave them a lot of time to work on it until Morgan pinched him and Peter looked at him like he just spilled the most shocking news in the world.

"I- hypothetically speaking... let's say I say yes, yes she is... would you tell her that you know?"

"Of course!"

"But why?" Tony whined, "Why can't you keep that to yourself?"

"Because that's like the greatest news ever and- wait. Why would she want to keep that from me?"

"How should I know why you children do anything nowadays?"

"Well, whatever. I need to talk to her, tell her that I know, get her back."

"Yeah, I wouldn't do that."

"Why not?" Peter frowned, but before Tony could say anything, Astrid and Harley walked into the home, both laughing but stopping suddenly when they saw who was there.

"Oh no," Harley frowned at the look on Tony's face, "Did I go past my curfew again?"

"Oh please you know I could care less about- you know what? Yes. Come with me, we need to have a very serious talk young man."

Astrid was confused seeing Harley and Tony walk away, leaving her and Peter all alone.

"Scared your new boyfriend will get grounded?"

"No way," she scoffed, "Tony doesn't even care- wait boyfriend?"

"That's why you didn't tell me, right?" Peter asked sadly, "So you wouldn't have to worry about me trying to win you back and you could just be with Harley?"

"Woah, Peter what are you talking about?"

"You know," Tony suddenly appeared again, a nervous look on his face, "Maybe you two should take this elsewhere. I am about to scream so loud and so much at the children- I wouldn't want you to see the ugly side of the manny."