EIGHTY TWO

Peter couldn't stop looking at her

Even when the others were looking around their hotel in disgust and complaining about the seating arrangements, he watched her laugh with Michelle, bringing her into a tight hug which you could tell from her facial expression she detested.

He especially noticed Harley and Brad join in on that hug and he didn't like it one bit.

When they were on the small boat the next morning, he watched her again while she looked at the beautiful scenery around her- staying true to her word that Venice was truly her favorite place in the world.

While the others were exploring the city excitedly, he watched Astrid pose for pictures for Harley who had not put his camera down since they arrived.

It was like Astrid, Harry, Harley, Michelle and Brad were a tight-knit group who were always around each other.

It was annoying to Peter- but it was also extremely helpful when he snuck off to go buy Astrid's surprise gift.

"Back when Astrid and I first started dating she told me all about her mom... and more specifically, this necklace she held really close to her heart. The locket her father gave her as a child. One that looks exactly like this..."

The woman smiled softly and nodded, knowing how important this was to Peter after weeks of email correspondence and his current rambling as he handed her the money.

"Unfortunately it got stolen when she was in college. She told Norman about it and he got her an exact replica after failing to find the one she actually lost. So now, I'm doing that for Astrid... considering Norman thought it was best to bury her mom with it, not thinking Astrid would want it too."

"That's very thoughtful of you, Mr. Parker. I only hope I did you justice."

Peter admired the locket, smiling proudly at it, "This is literally perfect. You even got the little detail I added- thank you so much for helping me make it."

"Thank you for trusting me with such a huge task- I really hope your girl likes it."

"Me too," he mumbled nervously before leaving the store hurriedly to catch up with the rest of his friends.

"Peter!"

He jumped slightly at the shout of his name, clearing his throat nervously when he saw it was Astrid calling him.

Still, he had to act natural if he didn't want her to grow suspicious.

"Hey... girl... what's up?"

Astrid looked at him weirdly but brushed it off as she motioned over to the new couple, "When did that happen?"

"Huh? Oh! Betty and Ned- yeah, that was really unexpected. Apparently they got to know each other on the flight. They're in love."