NINETY TWO

It was like Christmas morning for Tony

But for Astrid?

It was like losing her best friend all over again.

"I get that you're used to your life over there now but... but you can't leave!"

"Astrid-"

"You said it yourself. It happened out of nowhere. Maybe you're just meant to be here."

"I'm not meant to be here though, Astrid. I need to go back. I need to help them."

"How? You said it yourself, that Miles guy has the other cure for that Astrid. The Green Goblin situation was taken care of- sorry Peter. So what else could there be?"

"Everything. And besides, this Earth already has two Spider-men-"

"I'm the only Spider-man!"

"Ugh. I really need to get to Miles. See why he hasn't bothered to pick up the mantle while you were dust."

"Okay, that's it. I need all there is to know about this Miles Morales kid."

Tony jumped when his A.I. started speaking, closing his eyes in defeat when he realized he still had it open, already excited for the new and very exciting assignment brought to him from Gwen.

But now his lovely system would just be betraying him.

"What?" Peter frowned as he approached the system, already moving the screens around to get a better look at the hooded figure jumping around and saving people with basically the same powers as his.

"Gwen," Astrid ignored the whole situation completely, approaching her best friend instead, "This is your home. You can't just leave us. We need you too. And just you- not this Spider-woman."

"Astrid..."

"I can't believe you didn't tell me about this, Mr. Stark," Peter whispered.

"I'm sorry kid. I just didn't think you'd want to hear about the competition."

"Competition?!"

"Peter! I'm trying to convince my best friend to stay here!"

"Sorry," he sighed, "It's just- I'm gone for five years and suddenly I'm replaced?"

"I wouldn't say you were replaced," Tony began, "It's just people were hopeless and he was the perfect- Sorry. I'll stop now."

"Seriously," Gwen sighed, "When Peter takes Miles under his wing, you'll all realize you won't even need me."

"Is that all you are now? Spider-woman?"

"I... it has to be," she cleared her throat, "Gwen left that city under my protection and I can't let her down."