FIFTEEN

"What about 'dude in a red hoodie'?"

"What kind of a superhero name is that?" Ned scoffed.

"Who said he's a superhero?" Harry smirked.

"I think the old lady he helped from being mugged- or the deli guy from being robbed thinks he's a superhero," Astrid defended.

"Those are both stories- for all we know this could all be fabricated."

"There's no way! Even Anthony from geometry said he saw him swinging around the other way."

"Yeah well, Anthony lies a lot so forgive me if I don't necessarily believe there's someone in a cheap looking suit swinging around the city saving helpless Queens residents."

"What did Anthony say was on his sweater, again?" Astrid suddenly asked, making Harry roll his eyes at the fact that his sister was even entertaining this idea.

"Um... a beetle, I think?" Gwen answered, unsure.

"It was a spider," Peter answered without meaning to, his words getting the better of him.

He tried so desperately to stay out of the conversation but now he was in the middle of it.

"Oh god. Anthony got to you too?" Harry groaned.

Peter shrugged, "I've heard the stories, sound pretty real to me.."

"No, no. You just said it! Stories! You know what? Why are we even talking about this guy?"

"How do you know it isn't a girl superhero?" Michelle now asked with narrowed eyes from her spot from the other side of the table.

"There is no superhero! The only superhero the city has is Iron Man."

"And Captain America."

"And now Spider-man."

The group looked at Astrid who shrugged as she ate a fry, "It fits, doesn't it? If he has a spider on his suit and he's literally swinging around the city with web-like stuff, he's Spider-man."

"Just because he swings-"

"I actually really like that name," Peter interrupted Harry, excited with the new name, "And you know he also climbs off of walls and ceilings! Well- that's what I heard, at least."

"Have you seen him too then?" Ned asked, already beginning to feel excited at the thought of his best friend meeting New York's newest superhero.

"Um... no?"

"Well my father hasn't met him yet but already he wants him behind bars," Gwen sighed.

"Why?" Astrid frowned now, feeling disappointed that Captain Stacy would want such a thing.

"Oh, I don't want to get into all that. Dad's already driving me crazy with all these anti-Spider-man rants."

"Ah! You used Spider-man!" Astrid cheered happily.