01

O N E

O N E

The weather outside was cold, the December breeze flowing in a high speed, it was shivering. A warm cup of espresso was all he craved for, though he had one in the morning before breakfast but his repulsive habit had made him this way, coffee addict.

"What about a destination wedding?" Lost in his thoughts, he had been staring out of his window for too long to hear anything, it gave him peace while doing so. Silence was serene, not a bird was chirping, the gushing of the wind was only heard. His own sweater felt less to overcome the cold.

"Shivaay, are you hearing?" Startled by the voice, he turned around, his hands in his pockets. Tia Kapoor standing in front of him with a bunch of papers in her hand, staring at him with curiousty. Slowly nodding at her, he moved towards the coffee machine that had been here for quite sometimes.

"You seem lost" Tia announced, following behind him, banging the papers on the table to gain his attention but in vain. Shivaay poured the hot coffee down in his mug, intentionally ignoring her. Before he could comprehend what was happening, Tia was hugging him from behind, making him want to wiggle out of her grip, it felt suffocating.

With a smile Tia said, "I can help you, let me give you a head massage" At that Shivaay kept his cup of coffee aside, loosing her grip on his waist while he turned around. Next moment, he had steeped away from her, not wanting her to come any more closer to him.

Tia was dilemma, maybe he really was stressed, never ever she had saw him this way, he felt lost. All she ever wanted was his happiness, not a burden on him. "Alright then, I will see you tomorrow" Tia felt it was for the best to leave him alone when he was acting so strange. Men were indeed hard to understand.

Shivaay closed his eyes, throwing his head back with his hand in his neck, it had been a stressful week for him. The cup if coffee didn't seem to work as the pain in his head did not subside, he opened the window in his room. Maybe taking in some fresh air would possibly help him.

Then he heard her a laughter, the voice he had known for quite some months. Something tugged him towards the voice as if it was calling him out. No, he could not lose his sanity this way, he was being delusional. But yet again, he heard her voice, this time he could not stop himself from opening the door to his room.

There on the hallway was the girl who had been disturbing him from past some months, in one way or the other. Annika, the name that strangely confused him always, one time he felt peace while saying it while the other time he was just irked. Standing in a black kurti and her denim jeans, her thick black hair were left open, his heart beat increasing with each passing second.

Maybe she knew witchcraft, it made him wonder of she she casted a spell on him or something. Yet again, she was chuckling, his attention immediately going towards the person standing next to her. Daksh Khuraana, his one of the childhood beat friend whom he had know for a long time.

Nothing felt more worse than seeing the two together, jealousy wasn't something he had known, he had always been a calm and peaceful person. Something knocked inside him, he wanted to snatch her hand and lead her away from him so he did, he walked upstairs.

Shivaay's eyes were fixed on the women who had her back faced towards him. Looking at them who seemed to be lost in their own world brought Shivaay to stand right in front of them. Soon enough, Annika had turned towards him, her eyes going wide but composing herself immediately. Daksh stood casually there, not a ounce of fear in him. "Annika, I need to talk to you about something"

"What? Now, wh-" Annika trailed off when he had grabbed her arm, certainly not wanting to hurt her so he held her arm lightly. Daksh had a frown on his face, watching them go downstairs, he shrugged his shoulders.

Slowly, they walked inside Shivaay's room. The cold air hittinh Annika's face immediately, she shivered from head to toe. Taking in her appearance, Shivaay closed the window, not wanting her to feel cold anymore. "Stay away from Daksh" It came out as simple as that from him mouth, he gulped down, fearing that she would get any wrong ideas. Annika stayed still, he had confused her with his words, she wanted to know why was he acting so foreign right now?

"Why should I? I don't follow your orders"

"Are you questioning me? Don't you know that I can fire you right now? Frokm your job?" Shivaay held back himself from lashing back at her, maybe at was his words that would ever hurt her. Annika raised her eyebrows, biting her lip, she ran her fingers through her hair.

"Alright then, fire me, go ahead Mr Oberoi" Saving her dignity was more than anything she wanted to do right now. He was threatening her and she was not going to fall for it, not now, never. Shivaay looked straight at her, his eyes piercing her soul. "I did not mean to say that, I never want-"

"Save your apology. I don't care about what you say, this is my life and I will do whatever I like. You are no one to order me around, I am not your personal assistant. And as you used to say, Name, bloodline and family will always be there between us" Annika released a breath she was holding till now, even though it pained her to say this, it was for the best, he was not someone she could give her heart to, he would crush her heart easily with a snap of his fingers.

Shivaay did not feel any more anger towards her, just a sad feeling. Never, ever he had imagined a day would come when he would be left speechless. Not wanting to meet her eyes, he looked at the ground. Annika sighed, even when she had hurt him, she never wanted any of this to take place.

"My wedding is in a week, start preapering"

━━━━━━